PxP450x 15.1.3 - OUT OF RANGE Errors

Has anyone else been encountering "OUT OF RANGE" SM registration errors since upgrading to the latest firmware?

We have a 5.7 450m, a 5.7 450i, a 900 450i, and a 5.1 PTP450 which have had ranging errors since upgrading the firmware to 15.1.3, and have had to roll back to 15.1.2.1.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

@Montana Netwrote:

Has anyone else been encountering "OUT OF RANGE" SM registration errors since upgrading to the latest firmware?

We have a 5.7 450m, a 5.7 450i, a 900 450i, and a 5.1 PTP450 which have had ranging errors since upgrading the firmware to 15.1.3, and have had to roll back to 15.1.2.1.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

Scott,
Thanks for posting and sorry for the delay on the response. We've looked into this issue and we've found it happening on occasion every release as far back as we tested all the way to 14.1.2. (We stopped testing there.) We did not see it on 450m, so it is specific to 450 and 450i APs. Can you confirm you saw it on 15.1.3 with 450m?

When we saw the problem, it was a random failure and the SM will attempt the Registration Request again. So it is definitely still a bug that needs to be fixed, but not a high impacting one. I hope we can investigate and fix it in a future release, maybe 15.3.

Charlie

Hello

Was this error addressed in the 15.3 release?

Welcome to the forums, Tina!

This issue was reported more than 2 years ago. I would suggest updating to the latest released software, found here:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/

I don’t know exactly which release this was fixed in, but do recall that this particular issue was addressed…