Refresh AP Evaluation Table

Hi, i have a question: i would like understand when the AP Evaluation Table (in Tool section) is updated.

Surely this table is updated by clicking on the bottom below Rescan AP, but if

1)reboot the SM

2)drop the session from AP

3)SM lost the AP (example AP is rebooted)

all the table in PMP450 is cleared and rebuilded?
Clear Statistics in AP evaluation clear only the second little table Beacon below (that i have ever seen with value "0")?

and there is a way for run a Rescan AP from all SM in infrastrcture or in a AP? Can be, if doesn't exist, a feature in CNmaestro?

I don't know the answer to this one, but have asked for an engineering response... working on it. Thanks for your patience.

@Tuvix_IT wrote:

Hi, i have a question: i would like understand when the AP Evaluation Table (in Tool section) is updated.

Surely this table is updated by clicking on the bottom below Rescan AP, but if

1)reboot the SM

2)drop the session from AP

3)SM lost the AP (example AP is rebooted)

all the table in PMP450 is cleared and rebuilded?
Clear Statistics in AP evaluation clear only the second little table Beacon below (that i have ever seen with value "0")?

Tuvix_IT,

As long as SM is scanning, it will not clear out the AP Evaluation table, it adds to it. AP's are stored in the table for 15 minutes so if the AP hasn't been seen for that long when scanning, then it will age out.

Note, once SM is in session this AP table is not updated.

You're right the "Clear Statistics" button on the AP Evaluation page only clears the beacon stats. In 15.1.1 we have added the ability to clear out the APs listed in the AP Evaluation tab. This can be done via web button or SNMP. 

Yes, reboot of SM will clear it out completely.

You are also correct all those beacon stats on that page should read zero unless there is a problem.

From the AP, you can drop all current sessions  via Tools --> Sessions --> Drop All Current Sessions. Or if you have primary/secondary/tertiary color codes set up, SMs can be configured to rescan automatically periodically if they are not on their primary color code.

Charlie

1 Like