SM using version 15.0.2 take long time to register

I have noticed that the when the  SM's are on version 15, they take a lot longer to register. When we take a brand new 5Ghz PMP 450 subscriber unit, and upgrade it to version 15.0.2, it can take up to 1 hour to register. If we downgrade it to version 13.4, it will only take a few minutes to register. After that, if its upgraded to version 15.0.2, it will take about 10 minutes to register. Overall it seems to take much longer for the units to register when using firmware version 15. 

The Access point is on version 15.0.2 also. I have tried only selecting the frequency that our Access Point is using, and it doesn't make the time  to register any shorter. We also tried to downgrade the access point to version 14.2, and leave the  subscriber unit at 15.0.2, but that didn't improve anything either. During the time the unit says, "SCANNING", in the AP Evaluation page, the unit doesn't see the Access Point, but other units are registered  so the  access point is broadcasting. We were not having this issue when we were using version 13.4 or 14.2. 

Has anyone else experienced issues with subscriber units taking a long time to register when they are running firmware version 15? 

We also use 15.0.2 and I have not seen this on any of our units.   I haven't timed it, but I would guess registartion takes less than a minute. 

@FVI Support wrote:

I have noticed that the when the  SM's are on version 15, they take a lot longer to register. When we take a brand new 5Ghz PMP 450 subscriber unit, and upgrade it to version 15.0.2, it can take up to 1 hour to register. If we downgrade it to version 13.4, it will only take a few minutes to register. After that, if its upgraded to version 15.0.2, it will take about 10 minutes to register. Overall it seems to take much longer for the units to register when using firmware version 15. 

The Access point is on version 15.0.2 also. I have tried only selecting the frequency that our Access Point is using, and it doesn't make the time  to register any shorter. We also tried to downgrade the access point to version 14.2, and leave the  subscriber unit at 15.0.2, but that didn't improve anything either. During the time the unit says, "SCANNING", in the AP Evaluation page, the unit doesn't see the Access Point, but other units are registered  so the  access point is broadcasting. We were not having this issue when we were using version 13.4 or 14.2. 

Has anyone else experienced issues with subscriber units taking a long time to register when they are running firmware version 15? 

Yup. We're rolling out some more 900 450i and this bug was causing us serious grief.

I was hearing for months from the field and NOC techs that SMs are registering on the secondary CC and not even seeing a primary CC AP. This was a bug back in the 14.1.2 betas and it looks like it's still around in 15.0.2.1.

Our standard config for a cluster is 4x90 ABAB with the same color code and frequency back-to-back. Except with these 900 450i setups, all we have is a single sector to convert a site from FSK. So sticking to our standard operating procedures and configs, every SM gets a primary and secondary CC.

Time after time the guys were telling me that they'd configure an SM and it wouldn't register. It would take multiple power-cycles to get it to come up. I had them look at the AP Eval when this was occurring and no, none, zero APs show in Eval.

What we finally figured out is that removing the secondary CC and rebooting the SM fixes it.

Disable all of your 5,10, and 15 mhz channels on the SMs

This will cut your registration time in half.

Also, make sure your AP firmware version matches your SM firmware version. We had this SNAFU with the move to 15.0.1 when 14.2 SMs were running around.

Last thing I can recommend is make sure your frequency is clean. Most cambium APs seems to crap the bed when they see any noise over -80 on a channel and curl up in the fetal position in the corner when trying to register and hold onto SMs...

Also, is distance an issue?

I have been testing this issue at our office. The frequency is clean and distance is not an issue. The access point and subscriber unit are a few feet away from each other. The access point and subscriber unit are both at the same version.  I am using 15.0.2 right now on both. 

I've been having the same issues. We bench test every unit that comes through the door and while some batches will register within 30 seconds, I've noticed that most of them will take almost exactly 11 minutes to register. This is all on a bench in a lab that was built specifically to test equipment, even if the AP and the SM's are on the same firmware and on a clean channel it will still take 11 minutes. 

I have been using 15.1.1 for a few weeks now and have found that they register a little faster ( 5-7 minutes ).After they register the first time, it doesn't seem to take very long to register again after a power cycle. You might want to try version 15.1.1, it helped for me. I also had the subscriber unit on a bench in my testing envrioment, with the access point just feet away from the subscriber unit and the frequency was clean.