Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

voice

hi all,

in the 450 / 450i SM, what is the correct QoS for VoIP? i know that i need to turn on the hi priority channel and set the diffserv..is there anything else i need to turn on or provision in the radio?

Re: voice

If your VoIP equipment properly tags VoIP traffic (nearly all of them do), the traffic will be marked with a DiffServ codepoint of 46 typically.

This traffic will then flow via the High Priority channel once you have enabled this on the SM.

There is some discussion on this here.

Another thread also discussed this here.

Please post if there are further questions... thanks.

Contributor

hi all,

so, customers keep calling saying their calls are broken. we have high priority turned on, but at 0 kbps. 

Frequent Contributor

You do need to provision some cir to high priority channel, dont leave it at zero.

We generally d 200kbits high priority up/down for one call session and extra 100 pee call after. Its a bit overkill but we would rather air on the higher side.

As a side effect make sure you have enough contention slots for number of subs you have. High priority channel adds anothrr vc so can inceease contention slots needed for ap with a lot ot users.

I would also recommend 15.1 software as 14.x and 13.x had some odd combintions of speeds neede due to the refill buckets not being granular enough.

Tim