450i Platform Hazardous Location Information

With System Release 15.1, Cambium Networks is introducing new model numbers that are certified for Hazardous Locations, meeting ATEX, HazLoc and IECEx criteria.

ATEX, IECEx and Hazloc (different certification bodies apply for different countries and regions)

Intrinsic Safety for Gas Environments

• Equipment Group = II
  • Equipment Category = 3
  • Atmosphere =- G (Gas)
  • Protection method = ic (Intrinsic Safety)
  • Gas group = IIC (Hydrogen)
  • Temperature Class = T4
  • Environmental rating T amb = -40°C to +60°C
  • Equipment protection Level = Gc

See this section of the Support and Download site for detailed information on models, and associated accessories that are certified.

1 Like

Here are some frequently asked questions around these products:

Q.

How do these products differ from the existing 5 GHz 450i?

A.

ATEX/HAZLOC certification is typically only needed in extreme operating environments.  Physically, the products appear the same, but there are some component and software differences for the certified model numbers.

Q.

Do these models interoperate with existing PMP 450 products?

A.

Yes, the ATEX/HAZLOC certified PMP 450i models will interoperate with existing AP and SMs.

Q.

Why is the lead time different from the standard product?

A.

These models must be built and certified to the final model number in the factory, unlike our typical products, which can be optionally configured at our distribution center.  Therefore, Cambium will not be holding stock of the many models available, and these will be built on a per order basis.

Q.

Which Power Injectors should I use?

A.

To stay compliant to the ATEX/HAZLOC certification, only ATEX certified AC + DC Enhanced Power Injector models (EMT16ATEX0052X / IECEx EMT 16.0029X) provided by Cambium Networks Ltd may be used in conjunction with the equipment. Part Number: C000065L002C

Q.

Which Surge Suppressor should I use?

A.

To stay compliant to the ATEX/HAZLOC certification, only ATEX certified LPU kits (EMT16ATEX0051X / IECEx EMT 16.0028X) provided by Cambium Networks Ltd may be used in conjunction with the equipment. Part Number: C000065L007B

Q.

Is there anywhere I can find additional information on ATEX/HAZLOC topics?

A.

http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/hazloc-guides and click on “Hazardous Location Documentation”

1 Like