PTP 450 900 MHz power options

I've reached out to our radio vendor / supplier, but they seem at a loss, so I was hoping someone out in Cambium-land can advise: we are installing a few PTP 450 900 SMs at a couple of industrial sites. The power supplies shipped with these units are AC in / 30V DC out. Out standard in the field is usually 24VDC, or in some cases, 12VDC and/or 12VDC power. Has anyone run across a standard 24VDC in / 30VDC out power supply, for use with these radios? Unfortunately, I cannot use standard POE/POE+ supporting power supplies, since they support a higher VDC output. I wish Cambium had thought this through, instead of worrying about backward compatibility with the 100 series power supplies

Alternatively, I can use a Meanwell 24VDC adjustable output power supply to power / ground pins 4,5,7,8, but I don't see any literature that documents this approach, so that I don't have to worry about inadvertently destroying a PTP 450 900 in the process.

Thanks,

K Rather

You can certainly use 24 VDC power to supply these radios.  The pinout is documented in the User Guide.

We sell part number 30010227001, which is the injector cordset by itself.  This allows you to connect the 22-30 VDC power supply to the tinned leads, then plug in the radio as usual.

Below is a diagram of the part.

1 Like

Thanks Matt, I will look for a source that sells that part!

I'm not sure where the referenced user guide would be located, that would document this part. I read 3 of them, that have no mention of it.

Thanks,

K Rather