Optimizing PTP Performance webinar

The recording of the Optimizing PTP Performance webinar is HERE. Please post any questions or comments to this thread.

Optimizing PTP Mar2016.jpg

Hi, I have a question related to PTP links. I always follow all the steps showed in the Webinar, but I need to know something about ePMP1000, when works on ePTP mode: In the Alignment menu, I have Ch0 and Ch1, I wanna know if this means Horizontal and Vertical, and if the align process is similar than PTP100 (for example).

I will waiting for your answer. 

In software version 2.5 or higher the E-ALIGN tool is the one to use, and just peak it for the best performance, and don't forget to compare it to your Lik Planner prediction.  You should be within 5db of your prediction.

If you are not up to V 2.5 or better, I very much suggest upgrading as there are performance improvements you are missing out on.

1 Like

Thats ok, but if you see on top of the colorful align bar, you see the text "CURRENT RSSI", and at side the dBm values, and Ch0 / Ch1. My question was if that means H / V, like the PTP equipment. 

Yes they are vertical and horizantal polarizations.

@inxsergio wrote:

Thats ok, but if you see on top of the colorful align bar, you see the text "CURRENT RSSI", and at side the dBm values, and Ch0 / Ch1. My question was if that means H / V, like the PTP equipment. 

The radio has no ability to detect if it's being used with an antenna in a H/V linera polarity configuration, or +-45deg/slant polarity, circular polarity, etc... thus Cambium uses the chain 0/chain 1 designation.

Is there any way we can get the Powerpoint presentation?

What with that whole "messes up our entire network" thing, I have a strong aversion to streaming.

Thanks!