Diffenrent variant units link

Hi,

I have one EU variant PTP 650 and one RoW variant PTP 650. Is it possible to establish a link between these units.

Hi,

There is no problem connecting PTP 650 ODUs that are different regional variants and, in principle, a link between EU to RoW is fine

However, we require the two units to be operating with the same Regulatory Band (RB). The Regulatory Bands allowed by the License Key depend on the Country selected when the License Key is generated in Cambium Support Centre. The obvious and simplest way to ensure that the same RB is available at each end is to select the same Country for each end.

Mark

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

I hv do the same already but link didn't establish.

Regards

Shrikant

Hi Srikant,

Can you tell us more about your link? Is this installed on towers, or is it a lab test?

What do you see when you try to establish the link?

Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

It's a lab test. Distance b/w devices is 10 mtrs.

When i tried to connect, status of one device was scanning and another was acquiring.

regards

shrikant

Hi Srikant,

It can sometimes be quite tricky to establish a link with Integrated ODUs indoors. There are two obvious problems:

(a) The receive signal level is too high and it overloads the receiver

(b) The wireless path includes multiple reflections, and changes as people move around the room

I suggest you reduce Transmit Power to the minimum. Place the ODUs face down on a bench and don't point them directly at each other. Even then, don't be surprised if the link is somewhat unstable.

Preferrably, set up a short link outdoors with Tx Power at minimum, and range about 100 m.

Mark

2 Likes

Hi Srikant,

Have you been able to get this link to connect?

Mark