New product PTP 24GHz by Cambium?

Hi,

Is Cambium looking at doing a PTP 24GHz unit?   I see Mimosa is now offering the PTP 24GHz model and as being a disruptor for this band.  Their video even showed the Ubiquiti AF24.

Regards.

we alredy support 24 Ghz on PTP820 product line for global market.

For FCC and IC, the PTP820S and PTP820C 24 GHz will be released soon, currently we are pending FCC approval.

Regards

Allen 

The new Mimosa B24 is a low cost, sub $900 dollar radio (less then $2k for a complete link for 1.5gbps aggragate bandwidth) with integrated antenna... I think what the OP is asking is if there are any plans from Cambium to release a low cost, unlicensed 24GHz radio. I really don't see how, with it's current pricing and lack of integrated antennas, the PTP820 can compete in a saturated 24GHz market with Ubiquiti and now Mimosa's low cost, high bandwidth options.

I'd also be interested in unlicensed PtP/PtMP 60GHz radios and licensed 70/80GHz radios as well.

1 Like

+1 for PtP/PtMP 60GHz radios

The 60Ghz is in development as I understand it, Cambium spoke about them at Wispapalooza

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/WISP-Business/60Ghz-radio-Suggestions/m-p/79239#M814

For PTP820 24 GHz, the radio works just like all other licensed PTP820 platform, high spctrum efficiency, a carrier grade product.

For 60 GHz, what is your typical use case? you can reach me at allen.yu@cambiumnetworks.com if you want further discussion about it.

Regards

Allen

1 Like

Hi,

I see you now have the FCC approval for the 24GHz band.  (https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Licensed-Microwave/How-radio-operates-on-FCC-IC-24-GHz-with-only-200-MHz-spectrum/m-p/86363/highlight/false#M1001)

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Licensed-Microwave/How-radio-operates-on-FCC-IC-24-GHz-with-only-200-MHz-spectrum/m-p/86363/highlight/false#M1001

Where does this now fit in the competitions space?  That is, Mimosa and Ubiquiti products were set as a price, performance, availability disruptor in that frequency space and backhauls.  Are they similar efforts to make the 820 24GHz complete link to mass deploy and co-locate multiple units?

Also, there doesn't seem to be much info on the datasheets about range and throughput for the 24GHz frequency.

Regards.

For a very rough idea about what the 24 GHz PTP 820 can do in the U.S., plan a link in LINKPlanner, use "Other" for the Regulation, and limit the EIRP to 32.8 dBm.

Notice that the antennas offered under "Other" are not available for use in the U.S. Again, this is a very rough idea of how the link would perform. (The only antennas available in the U.S. are 1 ft or 2 ft in diameter, and they're not the APAC & EMEA antennas.)

If you try this, DO NOT use this as your final plan. LINKPlanner changes are forthcoming...

PTP 820 in the U.S. is similar to what other PTP 820 products provide in the U.S., but there are EIRP limits in the 24 GHz band.

I hope this helps!

Dave

For 24 Ghz, since the maximum EIRP is limited and antenna gain are pretty much the same, which means all products have similiar system gain.

What really seperate PTP 820 from other product is the spectrum efficiency. The PTP820 support 2048 QAM, we can also do XPIC. It means with a given channel, the PTP820 will be able to deliver more capacity than other product in the market.

Allen

Hi,

Are there any upcoming plans to do a webinar on this to promote both the 24GHz, FCC approval and cost, performance etc?

I think since all the other 24GHz models (mainstream) are a single purpose solutions targeting backhaul needs for WISPs that need to get their WiPOPs higher bandwidth and not encrouch on their 5GHz and 2.4GHz ePMP / PMP 450 APs.  Explaining this stuff will really help so that we can compare products properly.

Regards.