PTP 550 Problems

Hello,

I have a link with a PTP 550 with 4.1.1 version using 40 Mhz of bandwith, the problem is that the I do not Know why We are having problems with some webpages and with the upload traffic, for example imposible use the skype program, imposible attach files to email, imposible make a speed test in some pages (in some yo can make speedtest, in others no) is like the device discard traffic and mostly traffic of upload. What could be the problem?

Thank you

Hello,

Could you please provide more information regrding configuration of the link?

Is Channel bonding enabled?

Please attach Wireless statistics as well.

Thank you.

Hello Fedor,

Thanks for your answer,

yes, We installed in the tower for provide service to clients, but We had to change for other ptp because We could not find a solution and clients were complaining, now We have these devices checking in the office, We are trying with channel bonding, without channel bonding, in 20 Mhz, 40 Mhz and 80 Mhz of bandwith, in other country, in our country region too, swapping master-slave, but We have the same problem, problem with upload traffic. Always checking with a pppoe connection like our clients have, and the weird thing is that if we try with dhcp connection We have not the problem with upload traffic, is very curious, is like may be mtu problems, ptp has set size of mtu 1538, and our pppoe have 1492, and we connect the ptp in cisco switches with 1500 mtu size, so We donot know which is the problem.

I tried to get a diagnostic file, with x.x.x.x/field_diags.cgi being x.x.x.x the ip address of the device but is impossible get it.

Thank you

Hello,

I can see our engineers work with you on support ticket raised by you on same issue.

We will keep it tracked with the highest priority.

Thank you.

Hi, Did you happen to solve your issue regards this - curious because we also have PPPoE clients and we are also seeing issues on the PTP550 with traffic issues for some reason. I cant quite seem to work out what the issue is and was wondering if you ever had any feedback?

@arobo wrote:

Hi, Did you happen to solve your issue regards this - curious because we also have PPPoE clients and we are also seeing issues on the PTP550 with traffic issues for some reason. I cant quite seem to work out what the issue is and was wondering if you ever had any feedback?

Do these issues go away when you use single channel mode (i.e. turn off bonding)?

Hi any updates on this, do you recommend ptp 550 or mimosa b5c?

Facing the same problem today with latest firmware 4.1.3.

Hello, 

We cannot solve the problem, We tried many solutions, change mtu in the server and in the client and seems that the problem is the same, We upgrade the ptp to the las version, that allow change mtu in the ethernet and we are getting the same problem

@FT wrote:

Hello, 

We cannot solve the problem, We tried many solutions, change mtu in the server and in the client and seems that the problem is the same, We upgrade the ptp to the las version, that allow change mtu in the ethernet and we are getting the same problem

So again... second time I've asked... are you using bonding or not? What happens when you use a single, 20MHz carrier on the cleanest channel you can find?

Hi,

maybe we have the same problem.

We just installed a couple of ptp550. We are using 20/25 vlan. ONE of them have the same problem:
it's working on layer 2 (i can see mac address), ping is ok, traceroute is ok, dns are ok. But when try to load ANY page it's alway "connecting".
All other vlans seems working fine as expected.

ptp550 with a very simple configuration: 40mhz, fw 4.1.3 and 4.1.4-BETA, no bonding. data vlan disabled, one management vlan.

PS with previous BH everithing was ok, it not a configuration problem.

Featuring the same problem.
The scenario is for pppoe authentication. In two vlans it works normally. In others the pppoe connection is established, but navigation does not work. Ping works normally, but it does not browse, no other port works, either 53 or 22. All settings (mtu, inclusive) have been reviewed and the problem has not been resolved.

Hi All,

here some problem. Ping seems to be ok but no data flow

If you see pings are going fine, but VLAN tagged traffic is having problems with passing tcp/udp you can try downgrade to 4.1.1 firmware.

Has 4.1.4 not fixed the tagged vlan problem? 

Is the same using bonding or not, 20 Mhz or 40 Mhz. Now We have the ptp in the office because We still facing the problem with traffic pppoe so We cannot use it for clients, and We are trying with different settings, just now in 20 Mhz without bonding and still having the problem, overall with upload traffic.  Using the last version 4.1.4.  Could someone solve this problem? 

The versions 4.1.2, 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 do not work properly with VLANs.

The TCP traffic is slow and it could be not posible to manage the units from wireless.

The version 4.1.1 does not show this failure.

Hi Andrii, can Cambium comment on when they expect to put a fix out?

I'm sure ISP's out there using this gear and have in place servicing customers (myself included) would appreciate an update / explanation of issues and possible timeframes of new releases. I'm sure others would be happy to help as I'm sure plenty of others would be with any required testing, data dumps, etc so we can make it a better product for everyone.

1 Like

Same problem here.

Is there any way to downgrade from 4.1.4 to 4.1.1 ? I'm getting error code 40

BR

Francisco

Hello, I am in Uganda East Africa. Was considering purchasing my first pair of PTP 550s.

Part Number C050055H009A .

I see the challenge of "browsing"  as reported in this thread. 

Cambium team, please lete me know if I can use this part number in my region.

Also comment or update on a solution the the reported challenge.