SNMP OID's

Hello,

I'm trying to improve our monitoring of our Cambium links at the moment and in particular i would like to monitor the link state and capacities.  I've done an snmp walk of the radios but i can't figure out which OID's relate to these metrics and a bit of googling hasn't helped me much.  Does anyone happen to know them or know of a way that I can find them out?

Thanks.

Hi SNO,

You don't say which radios you have, but the post is in the PTP 650 area, so I'll assume you have PTP 650 units. In any case, the answer for PTP 500/600/650/700/800 would be basically the same.

We provide the SNMP MIB file as part of the firmware package that you can download from the Cambium Support web site. A MIB browser is a convenient way to explore the MIB file. I like the free iReasoning browser, but other browsers are available. If you load the PTP 650 MIB file into a browser, you can view the MIB as a tree structure. For example, here is Wireless Link Status in the iReasoning browser:

In nearly every case, the name of the SNMP object matches the attribute name in the PTP 650 web-based interface, allowing for the fact that the SNMP object name does not contain any spaces.

The browser provides a Find function, so you can search for object names based on the attributes you know and love from the web-based interface.

If this doesn't answer the question, please let us know how we can help.

Mark

As Mark said, the MIB files are included in the archive with firmware.  His screenshot gives a clue as well - AFAIK all the Cambium PTP300/400/500/600/650 backhauls live under .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713. (so does ePMP, while PMP450 and PMP100 are in .1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19)

Now without the pertinent MIB file loaded you'll have trouble identifying many fields.  But they're all there.

j

Hello Mark!

Could you tell me the exact OID of RSSI of PTP650 ?

I've just heard the team here in Japan is  doing some experiments with Softbank in remote islands.

Or can we try your cnMaestro for this feild trial ?

Or else, we have to let a Windows batch program to do this SNMPget job like the one below which should work OK, I think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@echo off

:start
@echo off
cd %~dp0

set DATE=%DATE:/=.%
set DATE=%date:.0=.%
set FULLTIME=%time:~0,5%
set HHMM=%FULLTIME: =%
set HHMM=%HHMM::=.%
set HHMM=%HHMM:.0=.%
set VERSION=%DATE%.%HHMM%

@rem ###### ログ保存先を指定してください ######

set /p NOLINEBREAK=%VERSION%< nul >> c:\\temp\snmpget.log

@rem ###### "192.168.1.123"をPTP650のIPアドレス変更+"sysDescr.0"をRSSI値のOIDへ変更+ログ保存先を変更してください ######

timeout /T 5 && c:\\usr\bin\snmpget -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.123 sysDescr.0 >> c:\\temp\snmpget.log

goto start

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a bunch for your comment !

Regards

Takashi 

Obviously, Its(their) purpose is  periodic measurements of RSSI value over time. 

Hi Takashi,

As we said before, you can load the MIB in a MIB browser like iReasoning to explore the MIB. The object names are almost always based on the corresponding attribute names in the GUI.

Here's Receive Power:

You could usefully retrive Link Loss and Vector Error if you're working on a management application. The MIB file is in the software package on our Support web site.

Also, we have the MIB in a text form. That's a bit harder to navigate. For example, here's the information on Receive Power:

Let us know if this doesn't answer your question

Mark

1 Like

Hi,

tried to use OID for the AggregateDataRate - unfortunately it does not show that of the achieved link capacity of the current link, instead showing the "CAPABLE" capacity value .

note i am using the latest firmware 01-42.

Regards.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

You're not wrong, but the situation is, if anything, slightly more complicated.

The MIB objects receiveDataRate and transmitDataRate return the same value as the corresponding controls on the web-based interface. This is always the present capacity, including the effect of the capacity license and adaptive symmetry. This much is straightforward.

Now for the trickier part:

If you have a link with the Lite license, then the MIB object aggregateDataRate returns the capacity you would could achieve with a Full license. On the other hand, the Link Capacity control on the web page displays the present aggregate capacity and (in brackets) the capacity you could achieve with a Full license. If you want the present link capacity from the MIB, you will need to add together transmitDataRate and receiveDataRate from the MIB.

In a link that is operating with adaptive symmetry (which necessarily has a Full capacity license) the Link Capacity control on the web page displays the capacity that you will achieve when both directions are fully loaded with Ethernet traffic. The aggregateDataRate MIB object, on the other hand, always returns the current capacity, which is equal to the sum of transmitDataRate and receiveDataRate. aggregateDataRate will return a number less than the Link Capacity displayed in the web page if adaptive symmetry is selected and the link is not fully loaded.

Thank you for the explanation. Now I know.

Regards,

GDLC

Mark,

I ran across this thread while researching a way to build a program for graphing RSSI; first, forgive my ignorance of SNMP, but it looks like this is where I need to start.

I downloaded MIBs for the PmP-450 series, attached to a defaulted 450-SM, downloaded the iReasoning software you suggested, and everything was working well until I ran into questions regarding this model (pls see attachment): 

1) In the Description area for "rssi", it specifies "FSK only"; how do I determine if this is a Frequency Shift Keying model?

2) In the Results table, the line for "rssi.0" has a value of "No Such Instance". Does that mean I can't pull the RSSI readings from this radio, or (since the SM isn't connected to an AP), simply that it isn't seeing an AP?

3) What entry should I look for if I just want to pull down the current RSSI reading of the unit?

Thx!

@RP wrote:

Mark,

I ran across this thread while researching a way to build a program for graphing RSSI; first, forgive my ignorance of SNMP, but it looks like this is where I need to start.

I downloaded MIBs for the PmP-450 series, attached to a defaulted 450-SM, downloaded the iReasoning software you suggested, and everything was working well until I ran into questions regarding this model (pls see attachment): 

1) In the Description area for "rssi", it specifies "FSK only"; how do I determine if this is a Frequency Shift Keying model?

2) In the Results table, the line for "rssi.0" has a value of "No Such Instance". Does that mean I can't pull the RSSI readings from this radio, or (since the SM isn't connected to an AP), simply that it isn't seeing an AP?

3) What entry should I look for if I just want to pull down the current RSSI reading of the unit?

Thx!

The field you're talking about is only valid on FSK radios.  (the old Canopy products, for example)  They just use the same MIB for several products.

WHISP-SM-MIB::radioDbmHorizontal.0 -74.0
WHISP-SM-MIB::radioDbmVertical.0 -75.0

WHISP-SM-MIB::radioDbmAvg.0 -78

WHISP-SM-MIB::radioDbmInt.0 -72

Are probably more what you're looking.

j

Good Evening Sorry to dig up an old therd

We have 4 x ptp820s unit and we are just trying to pull out simple oid values e.g. error rate rssi and interface taffic. I am using the 8.3 mibs the Unit is running 9.3 sw.