[ABUSE] By: SL / Board: WISPBus (852)

Spam? Would like my request published please

Link to post:
(TCO Total Cost of ownership of a PTMP solution)

by SL

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/WISP-Business/TCO-Total-Cost-of-ownership-of-a-PTMP-solution/m-p/88681#M852

<p>Guys, I need some fast info on Cambium. I had heard of the product but nothing about it until yesterday. I am new to the  WISP game. I am not new to RF. Cambium looks solid, I understand the jargon. However I would like to understand some fast facts on real world deployments in particular an easy use case. I would like a TCO over say 3 years to deploy and operate a cambium PTMP solution, I have zero pricing information at this time:</p><p> </p><p>1. A PTMP (5 Ghz station 5725 to 5845Mhz) with 10 subscibers, 3 years total operating costs, software, licenses, complete hardware recommended solution.</p><p> </p><p>2. <span> A PTMP (5 Ghz station 5725 to 5845Mhz) with 20 subscibers, 3 years total operating costs, software, licenses, complete hardware recommended solution.</span></p><p> </p><p><span>You can pick any product you like that’s worthy and makes sense. Lets say a data cap plan of 25Mb/s per sub. As for me I am looking at an opportunity for myself, weighing it up, looking at ARPU and ROI. Does it make sense and to do that I need a scalable solution with marginal incremental costs to add 1 more client. I see Mikrotik, I see UNBT as well, I can already see some limitations with the proposed offerings there but price is low, I just need to weigh up the extra CAPEX and understand the value of Cambium. I suspect with Mikrotik all going well (i.e) I have too many subs, I need to do a rip and replace or complete extra  additions, (without any spare spectrum most likely), after 12 months, don’t want that.</span></p>

This message has 0 replies