New Forum

did you try to refresh your browser to see the list? I am seeing it on Chrome.

@ninedd wrote:

So, for the last 3 months, all we have is a a line that says "Latest post Tuesday by CWB" and we have to say to ourselves:  "did I read that thread already?  Have I logged in since Tuesday or have I been too busy?  Hmmm... I better go into that thread and see if I read it or not.  MAN, IT WOULD BE GOOD IF THEIR FORUM SOFTWARE KEPT TRACK OF WHAT I'D READ LIKE IT ALWAYS USED TO!"   ;)

I think that the administrators are actually BOTs because it is impossible not to understand these basic requirements: https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Welcome-Board/New-topic-in-bold/td-p/83297/jump-to/first-unread-message

I don't see any other reasons.

Cambium_RayS wrote:

CTRL+F5: no changes

We, users and buyers of Cambium products, ask a usable forum. Now it isn't (and it was months ago) and it would take very little to make it efficient.

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of what I'm supposed to be looking for?  I see nowhere that anything tells me which threads have new posts, how many new posts, or which ones I haven't read in each thread.  But if you can post a screen shot, that would be appreciated.

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

Yes, I've refreshed Chrome. I've cleared it's cache. I tried IE as well.  I don't see a new post count on any of the threads no matter what I try.

This is a screen shot of what the forum looks like for me in IE.  I normally always use Chrome, but this was just a test to see if it was something with my Chrome was broken somehow, but it looks the same in IE or Chrome.

So can you post a screen shot of what your's looks like, so I know where this counter is supposed to be?
Thanks.

No news? :'(

We are working on a solution that will make it easier to identify unread posts, and there will be other improvements. Stay tuned for news on our development.

1 Like

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

We are working on a solution that will make it easier to identify unread posts, and there will be other improvements. Stay tuned for news on our development.

OK, thank you, that will be great.:) Maybe it's just me - but the way it is now, I essentially just can't use the forums anymore.  This report below isn't to harp - it's just to make sure I'm clear and that you're working a solution for what I'm seeing, and not working on a solution to something different. :)

OK - for example today, on the 'main Forums' page, it says there is 1 (ONE) new post in ePMP Beta (as shown in the attached pic)...

...but when I go in there, there is no way anymore to see which topic has that 1 new post.

As you can see, in 'ePMP Elevate' and 'ePMP 2000 and 1000', I also have hundreds (687) unread posts, but the same thing, when I go into the 'ePMP2000 and 1000' forum, I have no way to tell which topics have those 580 posts I've yet to read. The result is that I just don't use the forum anymore. It used to be a daily visit, to keep up on every discussion... and now I just can't find which topics have posts that I haven't read.

...but when I go in there, there is no way anymore to see which topic has that 1 new post.

Yes! solving this problem would be the best thing!

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

Hi - Check on the home page of the community and it should appear on the right just below latest topics and posts.

This would be more useful if you could filter by Boards.

@ninedd wrote:

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

Yes, I've refreshed Chrome. I've cleared it's cache. I tried IE as well.  I don't see a new post count on any of the threads no matter what I try.

This is a screen shot of what the forum looks like for me in IE.  I normally always use Chrome, but this was just a test to see if it was something with my Chrome was broken somehow, but it looks the same in IE or Chrome.

So can you post a screen shot of what your's looks like, so I know where this counter is supposed to be?
Thanks.

At the top of the page where it says Cambium Networks Community > Forums > General Discussions > Welcome Board >

Click on Cambium Networks Community and scroll down. This is where you will find the Unread Posts Ray is talking about.

To check your unread posts, check out this link

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

@Cambium_RaySwrote:

To check your unread posts, check out this link

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

I don't understand. This is a work around until the old system is working again?  Or is this the new system we are supposed to use?  I don't understand.

This is in addition to the change that has been made on the home page of the community. You should now also have a section titled "Unread Posts" on the home page when you log in.

Hi, as already written in the post "New topic in bold",

"...the form (Unread Discussions)you entered is not very useful because it shows all the posts of the forum and many don't interest me because they are post of products that we do not even have (EPMP 2000, SUB 6GHZ, Customer Stories ...)..." "It could be useful to insert a kind of flag for posts never opened."

I can only recommend going to the page https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message  and Mark all post as read.Mark.png

Not a solution but a workaround.

I don't know what to say.  I don't want to be someone who harps over and over on the same issue - but my only other option is really to just stop using the forums.  Which essentially means I stop using Cambium products, since this is where the support happens.  

I now have 819 unread messages in the forum I frequent, with no way to figure out which ones those 819 are, which threads I've read, which I haven't..

If you can't fix it - maybe can you forgo a custom written product and can you just simply install VBulletin or phpBB or SMF or any of the 100's of free Forum software out there?

1 Like

I have just proposed a call for tomorrow via email.

We will find a way to sort this out.

Ray

2 Likes

Bump?  Any ETA on when the forums will be operating properly again?  This was broken in November 2017, and it's now June 2018.

3 Likes

I will contact you offline to meet with our community developer.

Ok, so does this means that 7 month's after the forums were changed and broken, and after 7 month's of saying that it's being worked on and will be fixed, does this mean that 7 month's later, that you're not clear on what the reported problem even is?

If I can call the developer, that would work the best.  I'm going 100mph all the time, and I don't really know when I'll have scheduled time for someone to call me.  I mean, if it's raining here and I can't be up a tower, then I'm probably in the office - but if lightning damages something, then the 'schedule' for the next day is out the window.  So, if you can PM me the developer's contact info, that would be best for me.  If that doesn't work - then I can make my schedule work around yours.

1 Like

I have sent an email to your registered address. I will also send you one via private mail here.

Ray