CnMaestro e-mail or text alerts

CnMaestro works great for nodes organization, health and firmware upgrades. I am greatly impressed, but I have a suggestion to make. It will be nice to have e-mails alerts feature develop on CnMaestro, so you will get immediately notices when a node goes down. Perhaps, not all the time you are looking at CnMaestro or you are away from you computer but your phone text or e-mail alerts will alert you when nodes are experiencing problems.

Excelente idea!

SMS would be the best way

Has this idea evolved into solid solution, Cambium_RayS?

Bump!

I have end users/ customers requesting for email/ text notification too. It would be great to have this features in future.

Slack integration would be nice also.

Yes email and text alerts is a must.  This is a much better solution than waiting to get a call from a client screaming at you that his system is down and why don't I know about it. They expect you to know in today's day and age. After all you are technically selling them on the best system for their needs.  So they get really get upset when you are forced to admit that you have no visibility and you are clueless until they call you or you log in to see what is going on.  Would be better to know soon as something goes down so you can proactively alert the client who is probably ripping his hair out trying to figure out what's going on, or at least not looking stupid when they call you.  How impressive it would be if you already knew and you could reassure them you are already working on it. :-)

Do you have any updates on CnMaestro e-mail alerts?

Any updates on this? I believe this has been delayed for almost 2 years now since somebody first requested it, and it seems silly not to implement something as necessary as sms/email alerts.  We have cacti to monitor our most important connections, but if an AP with 1 or 2 customers goes offline we might not notice until customers start calling in, as I'm generally the only one monitoring cnMaestro, and I can't always be checking the alarms tab every 10 minutes.  Please try to make this happen, it's one of the few things keeping cnMaestro from being a fully fledged management platform.

Seriously, what use is cnMeastro if it can't aleart anyone when there is an alert or event...  

Hello to the forum

I have asked this option today as one F180 in a pmp net with F180 and epmp1000 is going offline and as they feed E500 for public wifi net the lost units make my net shorter and my clients unhappy.

I come here to emphasize this fact once more. I was informed that will be resolved in the cnmaetsro ver 2 that has no ETA. I can see in that topic and other topics like the http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/Enabling-Maestro-alarms-to-actually-SMS-or-Email-alarms/td-p/48164/page/3

that this problem exists for over 2 years now.

We should push forward to be resolved as its seems that we cannot extend the installations with AP in remote locations.

Does anyone knows if the feature exists for PMP units. I suppose that something like a watchdog should exist. Or elese the info of a faulty like passes through when there is no link....

@Kdrama  wrote:

CnMaestro works great for nodes organization, health and firmware upgrades. I am greatly impressed, but I have a suggestion to make. It will be nice to have e-mails alerts feature develop on CnMaestro, so you will get immediately notices when a node goes down. Perhaps, not all the time you are looking at CnMaestro or you are away from you computer but your phone text or e-mail alerts will alert you when nodes are experiencing problems.

What about alerts? two month more from alot month....

Yup I want it all. SMS, email and slack notification

This is scheduled for an upcoming cnMaestro release.

Finally, Matt. Good news. Do you have a release date?

Thank you for working on this, we really need it

Well, it has now officially been over three years since this was first brought up. Is Cambium going to do this or not? I am getting tired of this BS. They have been promising this for years and there has been no movement at all. I am no longer purchasing Cambium products unless I am required to for expansion or repair of existing networks.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/Enabling-Maestro-alarms-to-actually-SMS-or-Email-alarms/td-p/48164

Hello all

I wish a happy 2019 full of heath and success for you and your family. 

I am addressing the same matter to John Maed and waiting his answer as concerning the new cn-matrix switches. Now that switches have been introduced the necessity for such a tool since the switches will be vaialbel to be controlled through cn-maestro.

Hope to get an asnwer.