R200/R201 Bridge Mode no blocking on the WAN interface.

When setting the R200/R201 in bridge mode, the WAN port management is blocked.

To manage the R200/R201 from the WAN you need to create a second service which cannot have an IP address in the same subnet as the LAN.

If you change a R200/201 to Bridge Mode in cnMastro you will lose all connectivity to the device.

It would be great if when the R200 is set to bridge mode, the WAN, LAN and WLAN were all in the same bridge and could be managed on the same IP address.

Thanks 

Callum

It would be great, so we can put this device with their great options as bridge onboarded on cnmaestro, this would be great.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-R-series-R201-R201P/How-to-bridge-LAN-and-Wireless-data-from-R200-201-to-external/td-p/57360 Already implemented!!!

Hi Quano,

Thanks, but that is exactly what I am trying to avoid.

2 services are still required on the WAN interface in the configuration you have linked.

I am able to ping the WAN IP address, but I cannot access the UI via this IP address.

The one good thing with the configuration that you have linked, is that it will onboard into cnMaestro.

The config I came up with that allows me to access the UI via both the WAN and LAN will not allow it to be onboarded into cnMaestro.

The configuration in the link does not bridge all the ports and there is no management access through the WAN port.

It would be nice if you could put the unit into bridge mode and that bridges all the ports including the WAN and wireless interfaces and then only one IP address is needed for management.

For example, the Ubiquiti airRouter has this feature. It is not the greatest device but far less clunky than the cambium R series routers.

Thanks,

Callum