R200/R201 Speed Test To Internet?

I'm looking for an option for testing Internet speed manually or automatically. Ideally, a test could be scheduled in a random time window to "fill the pipe" of a customer's allotted MIR and connect to an off-network server. The daily results would be stored in cnMaestro and could be used for troubleshooting purposes. 

In this specific case, grant money may be available if certain performance levels are met. The ability to have automated tests record performance levels would be very useful when demonstrating performance.

This could apply to the SM as well, but I suspect running such a service on the router would be preferable. 

Thank you - Chris

We've received this request from other customers as well.

All,

if you think this is a great feature to have please vote on this request, to help us prioritize

We would love to see this feature just as soon as you give us GUI configuration of the wireless channel, SSID, and password. We don't like templates much. Thanks

>We would love to see this feature just as soon as you give us GUI configuration of the wireless channel, SSID, and password.

> We don't like templates much. Thanks

Many of us here agree with you. We are working on a GUI from cnMaestro, that will make the template optional. We hope to announce this in the next couple of months.  Regarding speed test, this is a great idea from all of you; we are considering it.

For our older (non-Cambium) platform, we had written a similar sort of thing.  Our program can do a short bandwith test periodically and save/graph those results.  It's ideal for trying to issolate that customer with seemingly good signal/quality - but who reports slow at times.  With the ability to sechedule a 5 second long throughput tests every hour, we can build a pattern of when and why that's happening.

I would like to see the ability to do a speedtest from one of the end devices (CPE or R201 router) to the cnmaestro on-premesis server.  Also the ability to schedule a speedtest would also be a good feature.  One further option for a speedtest would be to disable internal access out so that you get a true test vs. someone watching TV while the speedtest happens.