AP ePMP EN CNMAESTRO

BUENA TARDE!

TENGO UNA RED WISP CON EQUIPOS CAMBIUM ePMP, EN CNMAESTRO PUEDO VER SOLO LOS EQUIPOS CONFIGURADOS COMO SM, Y NO LOS CANFIGURADOS COMO AP. TODOS LOS EQUIPOS TIENEN LA ULTIMA VERSION DE FIRMWARE.

¿CÓMO REGISTRAR APs ePMP 1000 EN LA PLATAFORMA CNMAESTRO?

Hi faberbanguero -- it sounds like you are only able to see the SMs in your ePMP installation and not the APs. Can you let us know what cnMaestro deployment you are using (Cloud or On-Premises), and how you are onboarding your devices. For example, are you entering the MSNs (Manufacturer Serial Numbers) of the APs into cnMaestro directly, and are they successfully claimed, but not showing up in the UI, or is there some other mechanism?

BUENOS DIAS.

ESTOY USANDO LA VERSION DE CNMAESTRO EN LA NUBE Y LOS REGISTRO EN LA PLATAFORMA USANDO EL ID Y KEY.

LOS SM REGISTRAN SIN PROBLEMA, PERO LOS APs SE QUEDAN INTENTANDO RESOLVER LA URL.

Hi faberbanguero --if the APs are not resolving the URL (and you should be able to check it in the device UI), you need to validate DNS is configured correctly and working.

Hello,

I am also having this exact issue.   My AP's are in the "Connecting" state.   I am having no issues with the SM's.  I have updated software, updated the NTP settings, and checked DNS.  I am able to ping cloud.cambiumnetworks.com from the ping tool on the AP.  Do you have any other suggestions for me? 

Thanks!

EDIT:   I am having this error in the system log.

Apr  5 19:05:13 Hines WT DEVICE-AGENT[15815]: lws_connect_timeout_cb: Unable to connect websocket to cnMaestro, trying again
Apr  5 19:05:13 Hines WT DEVICE-AGENT[15815]: Cleaning stale websock_fd 21

please share your cambium ID and the MAC address of the AP having issue to my mail id

krishna.reddum@cambiumnetworks.com

I will check what is the issue and get back to you.