CnPilot R201 in Maestro

Hi, we have installed the first router CnPilot R201 but I do not understand how to put it, in the CNMaestro, inside a customer, under the correct SM. It's manually? It's automatically?

If i enter in the device, it is in the default network.
I have no "sites" in my Network. I have, after "the "default" network, the towers. It's a problem?

Hi Tuvix_IT.

Is the cnPIlot R deivce connected directly to the SM (and powering the SM)?  Or is there some other swtich in between the two?

If they are connected directly to each other, can you try to de-register the SM from the AP.  This will force both devices to reconnect to cnMaestro.  When the cnPilot R device connects to cnMaestro, it should report it's parent MAC address (i.e. the MAC address of the SM).  This is what is used by cnMaestro to automatically place the cnPilot R under the SM in the device tree.

1 Like

We do not allow to move cnPilot R under SM manually, its comes automatically if the SM is powered by cnPilot R.

We may add this feature in our future releases.

Rupam

@Cambium_Rupam wrote:

We do not allow to move cnPilot R under SM manually, its comes automatically if the SM is powered by cnPilot R.

We may add this feature in our future releases.

Rupam

While you're at it, can you add (similar) support for putting an ePMP or PMP450 AP 'under' an SM - useful for sites where we are using an SM connected to a PtMP AP sector - instead of a dedicated BH link - feeding a very small tower/pole from a major tower.  (or another way, perhaps we can have the ability to re-designate an SM as a BHS regardless of what's upstream)

j

@Cambium_Emilio wrote:

Hi Tuvix_IT.

Is the cnPIlot R deivce connected directly to the SM (and powering the SM)?  Or is there some other swtich in between the two?

If they are connected directly to each other, can you try to de-register the SM from the AP.  This will force both devices to reconnect to cnMaestro.  When the cnPilot R device connects to cnMaestro, it should report it's parent MAC address (i.e. the MAC address of the SM).  This is what is used by cnMaestro to automatically place the cnPilot R under the SM in the device tree.

The router (not POE) is directly connected to the PMP450.

SM it's in bridge.

So, router in PPPoE with a public IP in WAN, SM in bridge (ip 10.X.X.X / 8), AP in bridge (Ip 10.X.X.X / 8 ).

The problem it's the antenna in bridge? How it works? Who is it that "commands", SM or Router?

With the SM, with him bridging table, it see an Cambium Router's Mac Address (00:04:56:XX:XX:XX) and he create a "link" with the Maestro to complete the tree ?

@Cambium_Emilio wrote:

Hi Tuvix_IT.

Yes, SM and Router (not PoE version) are directly connected.

Router has the WAN with a public IP taked from PPPoE, SM it's bridged (IP 10.X.X.X / 8), AP bridged (10.X.X.X /8).

How it's works the relation? Who decide that the router and SM are under the same customer?

As you wrote Emilio, i understand that the CNPilot (we can see it as a "master") see the SM's Mac Address ("slave") and him ("master") linking the SM ("slave") with itself. 
(Can i see, in the router, what Mac Addresses are learned in the WAN? An "bridging table")
I thought instead that the SM, with her bridging table, "seeing" an CNPilot's Mac Address (00-04-56-XX-XX-XX) and so he created the tree "Tower->AP->SM->Router".

Maybe it's a problem if the SM is in bridging mode?

Another question: Does Cambium have routers with PoE that can turn on the antennas PMP450 model "i" (48 V)?

Are there any news for this problem?

Hello everyone, I try to wake up this post to find out if there is a way to associate the CNPilot not PoE automatically (or manually) to the connected Cambium antennas.

Can you please send your R201p serial no or mac via private msg. I can see what is the parent mac reported in cnMaestro by R201.

@Cambium_Rupamwrote:
Can you please send your R201p serial no or mac via private msg. I can see what is the parent mac reported in cnMaestro by R201.

I cannot send you any PM and i don't send never the PM....

can you give me the mail?

will send via PM.

Got your email will respond