Cost of using cnMaestro

One of the most frequent questions asked by our customer is how much is the cost to use cnMaestro. It is completely free or customer need to pay?

Here is my answer:  

CnMaestro has a full set of features targeted to simplify management of Cambium devices. Today we support both cnMaestro Cloud and cnMaestro Premises.  We are in progress to add a premium feature packages in future on top of exsiting function/features on cnMaestro, which we will call it "cnMaestro Pro". cnMaestro Pro will be a paid version once it is available. To distinguish, i will call the cnMaestro we have today "cnMaestro Basic".

For "cnMaestro Basic":

• for cnMaestro Cloud customers, it is free
  • for cnMaestro Premises customers
    • Up to 2,000 device under managemnet is free
    • To put more device under management, a $2,500 (list price) perpetual license is required to unlock the limitation for number of device under management. Which also include 12 month software maitaince support. The restriction of numer of managed device is not enforced yet in current software, but will be enforced in Q1 2017 new release.
    • Software maintain program also is available in 1, 2 or 3 year term

For "cnMaestro Pro", we will share more details in future.

Allen

Product Management of cnMaestro

3 Likes

any update on this?  looking into using some of the cnpilot routers for customers, but need to know if it will be costing to manage eventually?

@allenyu wrote:

For "cnMaestro Basic":

• for cnMaestro Cloud customers, it is free
  • for cnMaestro Premises customers
    • Up to 2,000 device under managemnet is free
    • To put more device under management, a $2,500 (list price) perpetual license is required to unlock 

That seems backwards, why is the cloud service which uses Cambium's bandwidth and hardware free while the on premises version that doesn't use any cambium resources to run charges $2,500 if we have more than 2,000 customers in it ? 

4 Likes

Because, they know the small businesses that don't have enough money to stand up and maintain their own management infrastructure and use the online version, wont have enough money to pay cambium. But the bigger companies who need more security and cant rely on cambiums cloud services (or have private networks with no internet access), those companies/government have more capital so they can charge them.......

1 Like

Based on the release notes for cnMaestro 3.0.0 this information is inaccurate. Additional “pro features” have been tied into cnMaestro X which has been enforced for cloud but has not been for on prem. I am curious if anyone has purchased cnMaestro X and what the cost model is?

Well, in my defense that post was made in 2017.

But to answer your question , little shy of $1 per month per device.

Pretty much, after you pay for all the various solutions Cambium offers you are actually working for them because they are making more money off your customers than you are…

3 Likes