Enabling Maestro alarms to actually SMS or Email alarms?

Fingers crossed!

Last days July, Will it be a reality?

A lot time waiting....

All,

We completely understand importance of this feature and it is a committed feature of our upcoming cnMaestro release – 2.0.0. We have already completed the implementation part and currently it is getting validated in our test environment. Since release – 1.6.3 got prolonged, it has impacted 2.0.0 schedule. Currently it is delayed by couple of weeks. We will keep you posted with the progress.

Here is preview of what is coming as part of this feature:

1. Ability to add email recipients for alarms
  2. Detailed email when alarm(s) are raised. First half of email is for visual consumption and second half of the email contains alarm details in JSON format, which will enable you to integrate it with any of your applications.

Here is one sample email:

2 Likes

We will stop buying Cambiums until this is finally resolved. A basic feature every competitor has and you delay this for years.

2 Likes

Looks good, hopefully, you guys have a way to make it not noisy, as I like the idea of alarming but I really don't want it alarming for every PMP SM that a customer decides to unplug at night.

Also seriously wish you guys would split up radios that are offline, vs radios that are offline with a radius reason of "access denied", if a radios offline cause it was denied access it means i want it off, and it shouldn't be raising a major alarm

1 Like

Yep, I saw that one coming. I'm ready to vote with my wallet as well. I am going to follow ReneP's lead and withhold any future Cambium orders until this feature is added. I'm sure another manufacturer would love it.

2 years and still no notifications? Wow.

1 Like

2 years and still no notifications? What good is an alarm without notifications? 

2 Likes

any update for it? alot time wating for it, we think its important notifications, Thanks

1 Like

@Cambium

Is there any update or reliable release date yet?

1 Like

This is going to be part of the cnMeastro 2.0, on another post last week and Cambium Modorator said that this would be released "Tentatively, in the next few weeks."

2 Likes

Based on the fact that we are 90 days from the January 2019, and that this thread originated in January 2016, and multiplying 52 weeks by 3 years then the definition of a few weeks must be somewhere in the neighborhood of 156 weeks. Just pointing out the facts.

We have suspended all Cambium purchases until this is resolved except for adding to existing networks where we don't have a choice!!!

I would encourage everyone else do the same until this resolved!!!

1 Like

Some Help on onboarding devices

Cambium is a equipment vendor, they are not selling monitoring software...

CN Maestro is good for statistics recopilation, you will be able to see things, troubleshoot easier; but is not a monitoring sofware. There are outhere some free software like dude to have alarms.

2 Likes

I attending Cambium seminar yesterday.

I have the same questions

I ask whether cnMaestro can send sms directly without using SMS gateway, because with SMS Gateway, we need to pay for that.

The presenter said need to check.

I have proposal to Cambium

1. why not send sms using modem like Mikrotik did

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Tools/Sms

2. I want to send notification email using gmail smtps, because most of the time user seldom have their own email server on site.

To overcome that I need to use gmail as my smtp server

This what I did using Mikrotik

https://nbctcp.wordpress.com/2016/03/10/backup-mikrotik-config-to-email/

How to do that in cnMaestro

tq

Dear Cambium,

Could you kindly advise on the date when you intend to enable Email notifications which we were promised will be included in cnMaestro 2.0 , which was to be released at beginning of November 2018?

They've been promising this for over 2 years. I don't get it. Vote with your wallet and discontinue purchasing Cambium product until they fix it.

I will be happy to pay for a third party SMS gateway of my choice, some Backhaul PTP links and some PTMP AP's are a priority, and if I have to pay its ok, I expect Cambium roll out this feature, also email notifications using a SMTP server of my choice, 

Any way,,,,happy new year 2019 to all.

There is an idea submitted regarding emails and SMS (multiple actually).  Recently Matt posted that the feature is in  development, but no update on when it might be released:  

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Your-Ideas/CnMaestro-e-mail-or-text-alerts/idi-p/66134

Well, it has now been over three years since this was requested, and over two years since they said they were going to add it, I believe. They have been promising for a long time!!! They have not shown me any reason to believe they will add it anytime in the future. I am done with it. We are no longer buying any cambium products unless we have to in order to expand or repair an existing network.

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!! It's the only language big business understands.