Invalid On-boarding Key on SMs

So, I have successfully on-boarded all of my APs and most of my SMs, but the SMs  that are not on-boarded are showing "Invalid On-boarding Key". How is  this possible, when it gets  the  on-boarding info from the AP, which has been successfully on-boarded? 

I've seen this happen before, there are a few ways to approach the problem:

1. Make sure the SM's are running newest firmware revision

2. Remove all cnMaestro information on the SM's and reboot... if that doesn't work, try to...

3. Manually enter your cnMaestro information directly on the SM's, reboot... if that doesn't work...

4. On ePMP radios, try to use the radios serial number and claim the device in the onboard area of cnMaestro

2 Likes

I upgraded a tower to 15.1.1 from 15.0.3 and that didn't help. 

If I remove all the info, it doesn't work. 

I can manually enter the info in a SM and it will work, unfortunately logging into 1000s of SMs isn't a great option but if its my only option, I'll just have to do it. 

At this point I'd probably start a ticket with Cambium. There should be no reason for you to manually enter cnMaestro credentials into every SM assuming your AP's credentials are fine and it has onboarded correctly.

1 Like

Same problems here.

We have maybe 1000 SM's with Invalid Onboarded key and it will be helpful if the AP can give automatically that parameters.

With old cnMaestro 1.3.X sometimes bring the credentials, but with 1.5.1 don't happen anymore.

All SM's have 15.1.1

@Telemar wrote:

Same problems here.

We have maybe 1000 SM's with Invalid Onboarded key and it will be helpful if the AP can give automatically that parameters.

With old cnMaestro 1.3.X sometimes bring the credentials, but with 1.5.1 don't happen anymore.

All SM's have 15.1.1

Telemar... are your AP's onboarded and connecting properly to cnMaestro?

Yes

Ideally there is no need to enter any cnMaestro information in SM, Once AP is onboarded successfully with cnMaestro SM's will get automatically onboarded ( provided SM's have internet/connectivity to on-premise).

Have you onboarded these SM's before by entering credentials ? or was it onboarded to some other account and trying to move to a new account ?

The SM's connect to the AP in lab for first configuration. We insert the cnmaestro credentials.

When the SM's is mounted to che constumer is configured with final configuration (connect to the final AP) and succesfully onboarded.

But we have many SM's in the network, mounted before the cnmaestro upgrade (14.2.1?) with invalid onboarding key. AP's seems can't bring the the SM's already connected the credentials automatically.

I can confirm that with a pre-configured SM WITHOUT cnMaersto configured, the AP can't give the cnMaestro parameters inside the SM...

cnMaestro 1.5.1 and 15.1.1 firmware (AP and SM)

Could you please disable cambiumID based on-boarding in your cnMaestro NOC server and test ?

2 Likes

Thank you Subi! It's working!!!!!!!

You suggest to keep this option disabled?

2 Likes

Yes you can keep this disabled.