Moving devices to different network

I can't seem to move a device out out the default network

Test setup
2 networks, default and testnetwork
2 tower in each.
Onboard ePMP Hotspot using credentials in the ePMP

Onboards to default network.
I can change the GPS coordinates but I can’t move it to the testnetwork. 
Is this because it’s not under any PMP equipment. 

Martin

Under "Manage > Organize", you can create and manage Networks and Towers, but to actually move devices between them, you have to select the device and then go to "Configure > Devices".   At this point, you will see a pull-down menu to select Network and then Tower.

You cannot specify a Network and Tower for the SM.  This is determined automatically based on the location of it's parent, the AP.

You currently cannot move a Wi-Fi AP after on-boarding, but this will be fixed.

As this is a Hotspot device, it may or may not be under a SM. 

It may very well be a stand alone device. 

I am not seeing a drop down for this device so it appears that its treating this as a ePMP SM, not a Hotspot. 

A fix has been implemented for this to allow moving a Wi-Fi device from one network to another if it does not have a parent device.  It is expected to be deployed by the end of the month. This fix is being tracked under CNSSNG-2101.

I still cannot figure out how to move an AP out of the 'default' network into a new network/tower.  There is no drop-down box on the Manage->Orangize page that I can see.

Ok - I see now.  The interface is pretty confusing.

Hi Josh,

To move APs to new networks and/or towers navigate to Configure -> Devices using the top menu.  Then in the device tree on the left pane select your AP.  The main section of the screen will change to be specific for the device.  From here there are two drop down menus to change the Network and Tower of the AP.  Select the new Network from the drop down and click the save button on the bottom right.

See the attached screenshot below.

Edit: I was a minute late but I'll leave this for others looking for the answer.

Hi Emilio, You wrote several months ago "you currently cannot move a Wi-Fi AP after on-boarding, but this will be fixed". I believe this limitation was removed in the meantime, as we have now  16th April 2016. 

1. Could you please explain which CN devices exactly are understood as WiFi?

I experienced I can move (in cnMaestro) ePMP1000 Hotspot device from default network to another defined, and I could also move ePilot E400 device that time not connected to cnMaestro. I could not however move from default network to another the E400 device already onboarded to cnMaestro default network. I receive the message this device is under a parent, but it is not clear what is the parent and how to take it off from this parent to move then to another network. Please see the attached screenshot.

2. The https://s3.amazonaws.com/cnmaestro-help/cnMaestro+WebHelp.htm#UG_files/Monitoring Your Network/Monitoring_your_network.htm?Highlight=parent page shows a hierachy, and again it is not clear which level the ePMP1000 Hotspot belongs to. Is it a ePMP or a WiFi product?

I cannot move a cnPilot R200P to a different network after onboarding. Will this be fixed soon?

You can select the cnPilot device and go to configuration page and change its network. If the cnPilot is connected to SM then it will follow its parent network hierarchy always.

Soon we are going to release Site feature where all the wifi device can be placed (even though they come through parent MAC once moved under a network->site it stays there)

Rupam

Ok, I'm certainly confused. The terminology being used is nebulous.

I'm working on my test bench here, just the R200P devices. In cnMaestro, I have a default 'network', and another 'network' named 'dyn'. I built one 'tower' under 'dyn'. I only have 2 R200P devices onboarded, there is no ePMP or other Cambium device anywhere in this network, neither in cnMaestro, or physically on my test bench.

Both of my R200P devices are under 'default' network. When I try to change a R200P's network to 'dyn', I get this error:

Error

Can only move APs, PTPs or devices without a parent to a new tower or network.

This sounds like exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to move a parentless device, which at least to me is a 'devices' to a new network.

After you have moved the devices, can you try refreshing the System folder in the device tree ?  This can be done in one of two ways.

1)  Close and then re-open the SYSTEM folder

2)  Clcik the REFRESH icon (two circular arrows) to the right of the SYSTEM folder

This may now help the device show up in the new network.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for describing your test network.  This helps in understanding the scenario.

What firmware version are your R200P devices running?  Were they at any point connected to other devices while on the test bench?  Are they daisy chained to each other or directly connected to the network?

@Jordan wrote:

Hi Dan,

Thanks for describing your test network.  This helps in understanding the scenario.

What firmware version are your R200P devices running?  Were they at any point connected to other devices while on the test bench?  Are they daisy chained to each other or directly connected to the network?

Both devices are 4.2.2-R1. At no point were these connected to other devices while on the test bench. Both of these are each individually connected to the network, no daisy-chaining.

I cannot move these devices using the described procedure, and get the error message I posted above.

@Cambium_Rupam wrote:
You can select the cnPilot device and go to configuration page and change its network. If the cnPilot is connected to SM then it will follow its parent network hierarchy always.

Soon we are going to release Site feature where all the wifi device can be placed (even though they come through parent MAC once moved under a network->site it stays there)

Rupam

This is not always working I have several SM's that are not under their Parent AP, and I have no way to move them.

Also we have E400 radios that are not behind their SM and there is no way to move them to the correct location.

Also there is no way to Place AP's under a Backhaul link.  Logically the device tree should have BH Master-> BH Slave->AP's-> then SM's.

Having issues moving cnPilot R200P from the default network to a Customer Routers network using on-premise since the latest cnMaestro update. It worked fine before that. Now when trying to change the network under Configure>Devices I get an error message at the top that says "Can only move APs, PTPs or devices without a parent to a new tower or network."

Maestroerror_10-14-16.PNG

I was able to move 3 other ePMP devices without issue.

Are you cnPilot R200P devices directly connected to device not managed by your cnMaestro installation?

We are aware of issues moving devices that have parents not managed by cnMaestro and with WiFi devices being daisy chained together.  We are working toward solutions for both scenarios.

The device in question is behind an ePMP device. But again, this is the first time this issue has occured.

Checked the ePMP, which was onboarded in the original Maestro. Updated the onboarding information to on-premise and the cnPilot was automatically moved to be listed under the customer's SM. This function is new to me, but it gets the device out of the default network.

Thank you!

We have R201Ps connected to CSMs anf they just show up in a long list instead of showing up under the CSM that they are connected to.  Running 1.3.0-r7.  Is this fixed in a newer version of CnMaestro?

Yes, it should be fixed.

On the cloud server (version 1.5.1-r18) I can see that we have a R200 nested under an ePMP SM.

If upgrading does not fix this we can debug futher.  One important piece of information will be what version are your R201Ps running.