cnMaestro 1.6.0 Release

i have the same problem, with 8GB of RAM

@someone wrote:

After installing the new ova and migrating all the data to 1.6.0 on-premises I am having RAM issues. I dedicated 5Gb RAM but after a couple of days it starts killing processes by itself until I can no longer login. After reboot comes back to normal and couple of days after same problem. Anyone else having RAM issues with cnmaestro on-premises?

We have registered only 12 cnPilot E-Series. Since my last post I had to reboot it 2 more times. Please provide a fix asap.

Hi vmiskos -- I will send you a private message, so we can get more details on your environment.

hi, i have a similar problem.
i need to reboot every day.

thanks.

@Rob wrote:

Hi vmiskos -- I will send you a private message, so we can get more details on your environment.

I have seen that has been added the "Centralized" option in the Radio section of the group.

I have all the AP's in Sync mode so... how i can be sure that has been activated inside the cnPilot's?

If I enter inside an AP i see the Autonomous option still active.

Thank you!

Just a status update, our 1.6 On Premise installation has not had any memory or reboot issues. We installed and upgraded from the most recent 1.5 version, are monitoring 1600+ devices, pushed 15.1.1 firmware out across the network recently, and are using 2.5GB out of 8GB reserved for this VM.  PMP firmware rollout went very smooth.

Hi michelep -- I sent you a private message as well for more details. You will need to click on the envelope in the header (next to the name).

Telemar, devices that are not synchornized with the AP group should show "Not In Sync" in varirous places in the UI.  The easiest way to see a list of all these devices is to go to the Application -> Sync Configuraiton section.  This will list all out of sync devices and allow you to select them all and sync them by clicking "Sync Now".

Are APs with the Autonomous option showing "Syned" even if their AP Group is using Centralized?

Just wanted to follow-up on the issues earlier in the thread with vmiskos and michelep. Seems both accounts are having problems logging into cnMaestro 1.6.0 On-Premises after a period of time -- requiring a reboot (which solves the problem). While one of the accounts is somewhat high on memory, we suspect it is not the reason for the login failure. Anyway, we are hoping to get technical support logs, so we can get a better sense of what is going on and prioritize a fix.

Perfect Jordan. Now the AP's are alla Synced and inside the AP I can see the Centralized option selected.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello.

We  have encountered an API bug.

When we GET

/api/v1/devices?fields=ip,mac,type

API doesn't return ip - only mac and type are present in response.

This happens with any combination of 'fields' that include 'ip' - seems like this field was left out...

If we GET

/api/v1/devices

ip field is present in response.

We are using CnMaestro 1.6.0-r5.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Hi Dronskii

This is a known issue and has been adressed in 1.6.1 which will be released soon.

Regards,

Rupam

1 Like

When i try to override a VLAN2 config from DHCP to Static in AP -> AP_NAME -> Device Overrides (Advanced) -> Others Vlan i got error:

Body data not provided for device config level update

AP is E410 with lastest firmware.

1 Like

Hi carlosmilek,

We are aware of this issue and have fixed this in the next releaes, 1.6.1.

1 Like

Our server needs reboots frequently but now nginx will not even start up.  We cannot get it going.  It started off simply as SNMP not working.  We couldn't actually probe the server.  I verified snmpd was running etc but it wouldn't respond.  This morning web gui was blank. 

We are getting some sort of "unknown directive "upload_progress" in /etc/nginx/conf.d"  errors. 

So it looks like a nightly update is what borked the server.  I could restore from backup but then the next nightly update will screw it up again.

Anyone have a solution?

Hi Steven -- I am not sure what a nightly update is. Is this something added to the underlying OS?

hi, any update on the release of 1.6.1? thanks!

It is getting annoying having to reboot these servers routinely.  I'm almost considering putting in a cron job just to reboot it every night. 

1 Like

yes, i have configured a night reboot on vSphere.... :(