cnMaestro 1.6.1 Release

On that note...

3/6 - I set up two reports to run on a daily basis - "Performance" and "Events".  I also ran them as "Now" reports to get that day's data.

The "Now" reports ran without issues.

3/7 - Both scheduled reports ran and the data was as I had expected.  Super!  I wanted to modify the times the reports would run, but once a scheduled report runs, it can't be modified as the "Edit" icon is disabled.  No problem I guess, I just deleted the two jobs and set them up anew.  Checked to make sure they were set up in "Jobs" and there they were.  While there, I noticed the job "ID" didn't reset.  The "Software Update" job "ID" resets, so maybe a standardization problem here.

3/8 - Alas, the reports either didn't run or they retrieved the same data as the day before.  There's no way to tell as there's no run counter or any other indication like a date on the report or the "Job" dashboard.  When I set the jobs up, I noticed one of the criteria is "End By" not "End On".  If the program gets to pick when to quit, then I guess it's working just fine. ;)

I set both reports to export daily, one starting 3/7 at 09:00 and ending by 12/31 at 10:00  the other one starting 3/7 at 09:05 and ending by 12/31 at 11:15.

I haven't tried running after x occurrances.

If I set a daily job and come back after several days - a weekend, I'm expecting there will be three different reports waiting to be downloaded - Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Am I wrong in this expectation?  How will subsequent reports be handled?  Do they just append each other?  As I type this, I'm remembering that I haven't read the new user guide.  My apologies if it's referenced there.

Also, "System/Statistics" doesn't export the "Status" time.

At a minimum, the "Status" time" should be exported in the "Status" cell.  It would be better, IMHO, if both the MAC address and "Status" time were in their own cells.

None of the reports export the "Session Time", don't remember about the "Status" time.

Thanks again.

Adding a post instead of editing.

The program must have known that I was reporting it's misbehavior!  The jobs ran while I was typing the post.  If you notice on the snapshot of the "Jobs" page, I ran a "Now" job (#7) at 09:45 when I found the reports had not run.  Oh well!

I was able to export them both by direct "Download" and by downloding from the "History" page, thus answering the question about how subsequent reports are handled.  I guess the last report run will be available by direct "Download"  from the "Jobs" page.

Thanks again 

"Statistics" page not displaying "Uplink RSSIIImbalance" nor "Uplink RSSI".  Maybe it's already being imported from the AP along with "Modulation (UL)" and just not being displayed.

It would be great if you added them after "Modulation (UL), in the listed order, and label both the current RSSI fields with (DL).  

cnStats.PNG

"Performance" report not exporting "Uplink RSSI (dBm)" nor "Uplink RSSIImbalance"

XL cnStats.PNG

This is how I use the data.

Thanks

That is right. Even for recurring job, we have added a Download option on the Jobs page itself so that you can download the latest copy from there without going to Job History.

-Ajay

Thanks for detailed feedback. We will add "Status Time" to statistics table export and also print the MAC Address in a separate column. We will also add "Session Time" to Devices Report for SM devices. "Status Time" is already there in Devices Report as "Uptime/Downtime". We will rename it to "Status Time" to be consistent with other places.

As far as scheduled daily/weekly reports are concerned, your expectation is correct, you should be able to download the report for each occurrence. Currently retention period for these reports is 1 week. Post that report files will be deleted from server. You also have provision to upload these files to a remote FTP/SFTP file server. You can configure remote FTP/SFTP file server at Application > Settings > Optional Features > Scheduled Jobs. Please refer to User Guide for more details.

-Ajay

@Cambium_Ajaywrote:

..."Status Time" is already there in Devices Report as "Uptime/Downtime". We will rename it to "Status Time" to be consistent with other places.

Please refer to User Guide for more details.

-Ajay

Edit: We will also add "Session Time" to Devices Report for SM devices.

Sure wish I could read and comprehend!

I thought maybe this was it, but then since it's "Uptime/Downtime", I thought it may be it was "Online/Offline time.  If it's "Session Time" then maybe remove "Uptime/Downtime (Seconds)" and replacing with "Online/Ofline Time" might be better.  I don't see a need for time in seconds, but someone else may.

And there was no mention of "Statistics" page not displaying "Uplink RSSIIImbalance" nor "Uplink RSSI"

Also, it would be nice to be able to toggle/select Imperial/Metric options.

Hitting the user manual now!!

Keep up the good work!

Will the PMP SNMP Site Contact and Site Location fields be added to the AP/SM dashboards and as searchable fields in inventory in a future release?

Yes. We will add it as part of 1.6.3, scheduled for release by end of March.

-Ajay

Awesome! Great news!

Export times do not adhere to new time changes.  Displayed times ok.  Display GMT-5  Export GMT-6.  

Hi Luis,

When you say export data , which data you are exporting and what is the exact problem can you please give some more details so that we can check and get back on this.

Apologies - Thought I had included a snapshot - 

Top - cnMaestro "Events" page.  Raised time GMT-5

Mid - Same page "Exported" is ok - Forgot I was doing "Scheduled" reporting.

Bot - This is the "Events" report.  Raised time GMT-6

I also perform the "Performance" report, but haven't tried to verify "Poll Time"

Hi ,

We tried locally to reproduce in GMT+5:30 IST timezone and we are not seeing the issue with events report. Can you please confirm whether your timezone has any day light savings currently . 

Also is the Events report downloaded using the NOW option or scheduled using Daily or weekly option. Is it scheduled during Day light Savings or earlier.

Also please check if there is any difference in the cnMaestro server time(Can be seen from serve rcommand line interface ) shown and the time in laptop or machine where the cnMaestro is launched in the browser. 

Why i am asking is the GUI shows the timings based on the browser laumched machine and the Reports sceduling or timings are based on the Server timings. 

Yup -

cnMaestro changed time this weekend, so it looks like the coders decided to split the difference between the Americas and European time change dates.  Americas - second Sunday in March, Europe - last Sunday in March.

Regardless, I would expect something like TIME to be the same whether displayed or exported, otherwise the data doesn't mean anything.  I've been trying to point this out since the original release of cnMaestro.  Current Weekly Usage graphs fill in at midnight UTC NOT local, so what does that data really mean?  It's a pretty screen filler, I guess.  Pick a time and stick with it for ALL timestamps - Even if it's "Wrong", at least all the data will correlate.  If one piece of data is called into question, all the data is suspect.  

Hi,

When will cnMaestro support PTP650? Is it still in the roadmap?

Hi ,

PTP support is still in roadmap and will be coming in Q2 2018 . 

Regards,

KR.

Would this include PTP820's as well? 

No. We are starting with PTP 670/700, followed by PTP 650. PTP 820 is still far in roadmap. 

-Ajay

1 Like

@Cambium_Ajay wrote:

Yes. We will add it as part of 1.6.3, scheduled for release by end of March.

-Ajay

So will the PMP SNMP Site Contact and Site Location fields be added to the AP/SM dashboards and as searchable fields in inventory in a future 1.6.3 release?

Hi,

Somehow we missed to get this change done in 1.6.3. We will plan this change in upcoming release.

Thanks,

Ajay