cnMaestro 1.6.3 Release (On-Premises and Cloud)

Hello,

When is it going to be supported MSP on the CLoud version of the CnMaestro?

Thanks,

Jesus

Great Updates - but IMO the thing required the most is an email/text notification when a device goes offline or there is an issue

JD

1 Like

Hi,

I have upgraded today and I appreciate all news features.

But for sector i have some bug:

• sector size is always wrong (in some case, more 60Km!)
  • sometime i cannot insert negative elevation
  • a beam width of 360° is a single line, to have a circle i need to input 359°
  • it would be wonderful the possibility to draw the sector over the map!

Thank You

There's a way to change the color of the SM in te map? Before was green now is black)

And how we can custom the perfomance graphs?

Thanks!

@Usseglio Gaudi Francesco wrote:

Hi,

I have upgraded today and I appreciate all news features.

But for sector i have some bug:

• sector size is always wrong (in some case, more 60Km!)
  • sometime i cannot insert negative elevation
  • a beam width of 360° is a single line, to have a circle i need to input 359°
  • it would be wonderful the possibility to draw the sector over the map!

Thank You

What AP model is this? Can you include "Height", "Azimuth" and "Elevation" from the radio configuration page in cnMaestro? Can you also share the TX power and antenna gain set on the AP?

We will look at the issue with rntering 360 degree beam width.

You can zoom to CUSTOM level in performance graphs just by selecting a portion of graph using normal mouse click and drag.

-Ajay

1 Like

Some versions ago i've asked for the "Default Port VID" item in the RestfulAPI's interrogation.

Has been implemented?

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Your-Ideas/cnMaestro-Insert-quot-Default-Port-VID-quot-in-RestfulAPI/idi-p/83932/jump-to/first-unread-message

I have been trying to update to 1.6.3 from 1.6.0 (via 1.6.1 OVA) I have been unable to restore my backup from 1.6.0 into 1.6.3 This appears to be due to the fact that 1.6.0 exports a TGZ file whilst 1.6.3 expects a TAR file. I have gotten around this by unzipping the file before upload so this is just to raise the issue, and advise of the workaround. Barry.

I really like the idea of being able to visualise the bearing and beamwidths of my radios but I am having a number of issues with this release.

A number of sectors just don't show up in the map, even though their tower mates do, I am attaching a screenshot of a tower from the map and from the dashboard, one sector (medussa-s2-340) is missing. No matter what actions I take I cannot get it to show on the map.

maghera-5.png

maghera-6.png

I also see that 450i radios are visualised as covering a range of ~5km, whilst 450m are show as ~50km. All should be 26km on my network...

It would also be nice to be able to turn off/on all radios using same frequency with one checkbox, rather than having 13 checkboxes for 5800...

Finally, 'Show SMs' is a poor default, I have thousands of SMs and each time I draw the map, my browser hangs up for an age.

Please do keep up development and release frequent updates...

In relation to sector coverage not being visible on the map, I find that if I remove the sector from my 450 network, back to the default network, the coverage area is visible, when I move it back to my network it is no longer visible.

Other sectors on the same tower in the same network remain visible throughout.

The sector is also visible when I add it to a tower under my epmp network, and when I add it to my 450 network without adding it to a tower.

On one tower, no sectors are visible when in 450 network but all are visible when tower is moved to default network.

Is there a way to debug this? I can't find any logs relating to this map app.

Am I just wasting my time using this app at this stage of development?

Is there any feedback mechanism?

Please raise a service ticket with the customer support team.

On Cloud version I find a new option avaible in WLAN --> Access Control --> MAC Authentication the cnmaestro Option, how this work? What purpose it has? 

Javierlincoln,

If you are using MAC Authentication, cnPilot device supports maximum of 256 mac entries. If you have more than 256 wireless clients that needs to be authenticated using mac-auth, you can use the cnMaestro as option.

Confiuration is available at shared settings -> Association ACL in cnMaestro.

1 Like

The need to use Association ACL from cnMaestro is when MAC list is more than 256. One can maintain upto 10K entries if cnMaestro based association ACL is used.

cnMaestro based ACL will also give additional flexibility w.r.to

1. Per MAC entry option to permit or deny the association and 

2. Default action if MAC entry is not present

3. The default action can be either allow or deny 

This also give flexibility to export the MAC list either as CSV or PDF format 

The only catch here is, if AP looses the connetivity, new clients will not be able to associate to AP

1 Like

Sector/Frequency visualization is extremely buggy

Some show up, while others don't.

Some let me put negative values in for elevation, while others don't

Can't find any reason or correlation as to why some behave different than others

Configuring a SM though cnMaestro we have this error if we use the 15.1.5 version.

If we configure the same SM with 15.1.1 there's not this error.

I don't understand wich kind of error is that

See attached file

Thanks!

Device might have disconnected in between, just check the device GUI what version its running.

Rupam

No disconnections in between (i'm pretty sure).

But maybe during the cnmaestro configuration the SM has changed his version (autoupdate to 15.1.1).

I keep you updated.

Thank you Rupam!

Thanks

There were some dev flags left in the codebase which limit number of results used to generate map to ~100.I guess there were otehr bugs also.

There was to be a point release but it kept getting deferred in favor of 2.0, which kept getting defrerred due to feature creep...

Apparently 2.1, 2.1 and 2.2 are all in the release pipeline but 1.6.3 still hasn't had the bugfix released!

1 Like