cnMaestro Cloud 1.4.0 Updates

cnMaestro Cloud is currently being updated to 1.4.0. The process will take a couple of days. The new features available in this release include the following:

Wireless LAN View

A simplified WiFi UI for users managing cnPilot Enterprise devices (including the cnPilot E-Series and ePMP Hotspot) has been added. The Wireless LAN View hides all traces of Fixed Wireless and focuses exclusively on Enterprise Wireless LAN devices. Customers creating new Company Accounts can select the Wireless LAN Account Type in the account creation page. Current customers can choose the view at Manage > Settings > Account Type (see graphic below; note only Enterprise WLAN devices should be in the account prior to the change).

The updates to the Wireless LAN View include:

Update

Details

Single Device Type

Only cnPilot Enterprise devices are supported.

Simplified Configuration

Provisioning options for Fixed Wireless and cnPilot Home products are not included.

Simplified Presentation

Towers and dashboard components for Fixed Wireless devices are also absent.

Data ReportsPro.png

Export and download the following types of CSV (comma-separated value) Reports.

Details

Device

Current device statistics for all devices, ePMP, PMP, and WiFi.

Performance

Time-series data for ePMP, PMP and WiFi over the last day or week.

Active Alarms

List of immediate active alarms.

Alarm History

List of active and historical alarms over the last day or week.

Events

List of events over the last day or week.

An example of the Device Data Report configuration for ePMP is presented below. The administrator can select the fields to be included. Device and subtree selection is done using the navigation tree. For example, one can select a Network node to generate a report for all devices in that network.

cnMaestro Pro FeaturesPro.png

The Data Reports feature has been labelled “Pro”, which means it will be included in the future as part of a paid version of the product. Features not marked “Pro” will part of cnMaestro Basic, which is free of charge.

Data Quota Limit

A Data Quota Limit is supported for both Controller- and RADIUS-based Guest portals. For Controller-based, the limit is either directional or based on total data. When the limit is reached, the client is disconnected. Similar behavior is supported through the following RADIUS attributes (the “gigwords” are used for data quota limits above 4 GB):

Attribute

Value

RADIUS_VENDOR_ID_CAMBIUM

RADIUS_VENDOR_ATTR_CAMBIUM_WIFI_QUOTA_UP

RADIUS_VENDOR_ATTR_CAMBIUM_WIFI_QUOTA_DOWN

RADIUS_VENDOR_ATTR_CAMBIUM_WIFI_QUOTA_UP_GIGWORDS

RADIUS_VENDOR_ATTR_CAMBIUM_WIFI_QUOTA_DOWN_GIGWORDS

RADIUS_VENDOR_ATTR_CAMBIUM_WIFI_QUOTA_TOTAL

RADIUS_VENDOR_ATTR_CAMBIUM_WIFI_QUOTA_TOTAL_GIGWORDS

SMS One-Time Password (OTP)

SMS OTP supports Twilio, SMS Country, and Gupshup gateway providers. It enables SMS OTP to be delivered to an end user cell phone. Once OTP is received, the client can enter the one-time-password to get Internet access.

WiFi UI Improvements

A number of updates have been added to the WiFi configuration and management screens.

Update

Description

Profiles Renamed to AP Groups

The Profile WiFi configuration object has been renamed to AP Groups.

AP Group Dashboard

An aggregate dashboard is provided for AP Groups in addition to Sites. AP Groups represent a collection of devices with a shared configuration. (In contrast, Sites group devices by location -- such as the floor of a building).

AP Group Hierarchy

AP Groups are now added to the Network hierarchy in their own section. This is beneficial to WiFi administrators with small number of devices: they do not have to create Networks or Sites for initial device onboarding.

Simplified WiFi Policies

Merged the Management Policy into AP Groups and separated WLANs into a top-level table.

First AP Wizard

Wizard to simplify the onboarding of the first AP in an account.

Easier WiFi Configuration

Removed the step interface and decreased the number of clicks to configure a WiFi device. Also added a default AP Group and WLAN for quicker initial setup.

Home and Enterprise WiFi

Grouped WiFi devices into Home (cnPilot R-Series) and Enterprise (cnPilot E-Series and ePMP Hotspot) instead of using specific device types. This separation is visible in the Fixed Wireless View (which supports cnPilot Home).

Global UI Improvements

Update

Description

Top-Level Inventory

Placed the Inventory in the top-level menu for easier access.

Merge Performance and Statistics

Aggregated these two sections into a single section called Statistics.

New Quick Buttons

Added Configuration and Software Update into the Quick Buttons.

4 Likes

The "Apply AP Group" Drop down is limiting the number of profiles it shows, when trying to configure a Device (cnPilot R series.) For example I have a profile that starts with a W and the drop down only shows profiles up to U.  I have tried using the search and it still will not find it.  Please Fix.

How many AP Groups are you able to see before they become inaccessable?  You should be able to scroll through them.  A screenshot would help if you'd like to post here or send to me directly at jordan.stipati [.at.] cambiumnetworks.com

wdwello, we were able to reproduce the issue locally and are working towards a fix.

Time stamps are being displayed in local time, but are exporting as UTC

Still can't edit device description field.  It is now called comment when onboarding.

Description.PNG

The UTC export is purposeful: all times are stored in a UTC-normalized format and converted when displayed on the UI (deriving the time zone from the browser). Exporting tends to leverage the normalized form, especially when the data is meant to be accessed outside of the UI. However it is understandable how this could be problematic -- especially if one wants to compare the exported time to what one is seeing in the UI. We will look into providing an option to select local or UTC time for the export.

Thanks -- we will make the Description (Comment) field editable after the initial onboarding and clarify the naming.

@Rob wrote:

The UTC export is purposeful: all times are stored in a UTC-normalized format and converted when displayed on the UI (deriving the time zone from the browser). Exporting tends to leverage the normalized form, especially when the data is meant to be accessed outside of the UI. However it is understandable how this could be problematic -- especially if one wants to compare the exported time to what one is seeing in the UI. We will look into providing an option to select local or UTC time for the export.

Thanks for the reply.  It used to export in local time prior to the 1.4 release.  If the time needs to remain in UTC form, maybe adding "UTC" to the end of the expoted fieldname is in order.  

I wonder if the problem cnMaestro Cloud service  generating  false warning was going to get corrected on the new release. Not too long ago I opened a ticket due to some alerts being generated on my devices being down but my radios were up and running. As per support team engineers who troubleshoot with me they say on the new release will address this issue but the problem remains

Data Export PRO Custom Interval Start Date selection incorrect?

Export Pro.PNG

With the above settings, I'm expecting output to start at or around 3/15 6:19 PM (1819).  The resultant export starts at 3/16 1:56 AM (0156).  Skipping all prior events.  There were 39 missed events between 3/15 1819 and 3/16 0156. 

Edit____

This falls back to the local time (Displayed) -vs- UTC offset (Exported) on the Notifications page.  Irrespective of that, the Start/End Time should be the Start/End Time, not the Start/End Time +- some other time.

Last Day exports as expected - UTC

Last Week exports as expected - UTC

Opened ticket already…

Nothing for pmp :( Quesiton Cloud features marked as PRO how are they going to be handled for on-premises version? Will those also be paid features or since their not cloud based will they just be open?

@wdwello wrote:

The "Apply AP Group" Drop down is limiting the number of profiles it shows, when trying to configure a Device (cnPilot R series.) For example I have a profile that starts with a W and the drop down only shows profiles up to U.  I have tried using the search and it still will not find it.  Please Fix.

This issue has been fixed in version 1.5.1, which is now available.