cnMaestro Connection Status: Invalid Serial No

I have an ePMP sector that cnMaestro was showing offline this morning.  The unit is online but in the unit cnMaestro Connection Status it says Invalid Serial No.  I tried to remove the unit from cnMaestro to see if it would reconnect but it's telling me the same thing.  It removed from cnMaestro just fine but still giving me the error so I won't even re add to it.  I even tried to re add my ID and onboarding key.

Any thoughts?

Are you using cnMaestro Cloud or On-Premises? 

If cloud, does the device have a 12-digit MSN (manufacture serial number)?

Assuming you are using cnMaestro Cloud and the device has a 12-digit MSN, please do the following.

1.  UNCLAIM it from your cnMaestro account?  (It seems like you may have already done this step.)

2.  From cnMaestro's Onboarding section, "Claim from cnMaestro" by entering the 12-digit MSN.

3.  Do you see an error message?  If so, what does it say?

(Note:  For privacy purposes, do not share the exact MSN value on this forum.)

Thanks.

@Cambium_Emilio wrote:

Are you using cnMaestro Cloud or On-Premises? 

If cloud, does the device have a 12-digit MSN (manufacture serial number)?

Assuming you are using cnMaestro Cloud and the device has a 12-digit MSN, please do the following.

1.  UNCLAIM it from your cnMaestro account?  (It seems like you may have already done this step.)

2.  From cnMaestro's Onboarding section, "Claim from cnMaestro" by entering the 12-digit MSN.

3.  Do you see an error message?  If so, what does it say?

(Note:  For privacy purposes, do not share the exact MSN value on this forum.)

Thanks.

I'm using the cloud version. 

I just tried to enter the Wireless MAC, Ethernet MAC, and the SN (7686RCxxxxx number).  I tried the xx:xx:xx ect and the xxxxxx ect.  format for all and I get a "Failed: Unknown Serial Number(s).  Please contact Support Center.  

Idk if matters or not but this is a GPS synced ePMP 1000 AP.

OK.  When using cnMaestro Cloud, if you want to claim the device by typing the MSN into cnMaestro, the device must have a 12-digit MSN (which all recently manufactured devices now have).  If your device has fewer than 12-digits in the MSN, the to onboard the device, the "Cambium ID" and "Onboarding Key" must be configured on the device (either via the device UI, SNMP or by imported a configuration file).

Additionally, with cnMaestro Cloud, MAC address cannot be used to claim devices.

If your device does have a 12-digit MSN and typing that into the "Claim from cnMaestro" box in the cnMaestro UI is giving you an error message, please email me privately with the full device serial number at emilio.dibenedetto@cambiumnetworks.com.

@Cambium_Emilio wrote:

OK.  When using cnMaestro Cloud, if you want to claim the device by typing the MSN into cnMaestro, the device must have a 12-digit MSN (which all recently manufactured devices now have).  If your device has fewer than 12-digits in the MSN, the to onboard the device, the "Cambium ID" and "Onboarding Key" must be configured on the device (either via the device UI, SNMP or by imported a configuration file).

Additionally, with cnMaestro Cloud, MAC address cannot be used to claim devices.

If your device does have a 12-digit MSN and typing that into the "Claim from cnMaestro" box in the cnMaestro UI is giving you an error message, please email me privately with the full device serial number at emilio.dibenedetto@cambiumnetworks.com.

I sent you an email.  Awaiting reply.

I have this problem with all of our Force 200 units only.   We have 5 of these in our network and all show invalid serial number and appear as 'Down' in cnMaestro, but are functioning perfectly and even show as onboarded in GUI.  We have a variety of other ePMP and cnPilot devices that do not present this issue, only the Force 200's.  Software version on 2 units is 2.6.1, and the other 3 are 2.6.2.

Topicotto,

Can you please try to perform the PING test from the ePMP device user interface.  Usee Tools --> Ping page.  Try to ping both "google.com" and "cloud.cambiumnetworks.com".  If Ping fails, can you check your DNS settings on the device?

Showing the same thing, was there a system change at the end of last week?

Approx 3 days 12 hours ago?  That's when I'm showing them going offline.

I have 20+ devices that are showing offline.

I just checked and they are all Force 180's with a 12 digit serial number.

PING us-east-1-rtr-1-946191991.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com (52.5.95.225) 32(60) bytes of data.
40 bytes from ec2-52-5-95-225.compute-1.amazonaws.com (52.5.95.225): icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=100 ms

Looks good.

Emilio after getting off the phone with you I realized my pings were not going through because I was not giving them a good enough TTL value.  

I managed to get all of my CPS to come back up by just simply going into the Units themselves and re-entering my ID and onboarding password.   Even if it is in there retype it.  

I am still currently working on still working on onboarding my ePMP1000 AP I unclaimed.  That one is a little differnt than my CPEs because it's on a nonroutable going through a router that is set up just for it to do NAT.

Ya that's weird, I wonder why that is?

It looks like it lost it's configuration or something?

I haven't done anything on my end. (firmware or network changes)

Reboot doesn't fix it, but going under config / system / remote managment and entering the credentials again works.

It goes to pending approval then goes to a connected state after a few seconds.

Good to see that it worked for you as well.  

I had issues with my AP taking.  I had to give it ID and number so it would give me an incorrect ID error.  Then go back in and re enter my correct ID and it took.

Re-entered Cambium ID and Onboarding Key and all units reappeared right away, curiously all with the same session uptime of 1 day, 2 hours and 10 minutes as of 6:55pm EST.  I did the pings to google and cambiumnetworks on 1 device before re-entering the ID and the pings worked...anyway, problem resolved, thank you and keep up the great work, we are reallly enjoying the new equipemnt, system and support from Cambium.

We identified one of the problem for existing devices which were onboarded but later point in time when device get disconnect from cnMaestro, it starts complaining "Invalid Serial No".

We have fixed this issue, all your devices should connect back without giving any error.

Regards,

Rupam

We too are having trouble with multiple ePMP's saying "Invalid Serial Number" in the cnMaestro Connection Status page on the ePMP's.  

Due to the problems with the false DFS firmware, we are running Version 2.6.2.1.

Was the fix that you referred to in cnMaestro or in some version of ePMP firmware?

I can see this error in our logs, and I believe it is a missing entry in our database. We should be able to fix it by tonight. If you need to onboard the device now, you should be able to use the Cambium ID method as an alternative.

This issue is fixed from cnMaestro end and can you please retry it

I appear to be having this issue again.  It has been going on for over a week now.  It shows that there are 6 devices offline.  I log into the unit and they show Invalid Seriel Number.  I've tried to unclaim 1 and re-add it via SN in Maestro and have put my Maestro info in the unit.  The unit keeps attempting to connect but Maestro never sees it online.  It still shows red in the onbaording queue.

This is happening to me now as well.  I deleted a device that was stuck in 'Pending Update' (like 130 of my other devices) and when it came back into cnMatestro (cloud), the SM is reporting 'Incorrect Serial No.'  How can I fix this?

Josh,

Is this still a problem?  Can you please email me a few sample serial numbers that are giving you this problem?  Email me at emilio.dibenedetto@cambiumnetworks.com

Thanks.