cnMaestro Readonly user has admin privileges???

I logged in as the readonly user and that account has the ability to configure devices, add/delete/modify templates, and i didnt go much further.

it appears the only limitation is that the read only account cant create new accounts.

how do we set it to ACTUALLY BE readonly?

when do we get radius login for users?

cnMaestro doesn't yet have Read-Only administration access . The "Admin" designation only allows one to add new administrators, otherwise all users have full access. We will be supporting more granular Roles (including a read-only role) in Q2.

thank you for the quick reply.  The "admin" user is a bit confusing in that context.

I agree -- we will change it in the next release for clarity, and when we roll out the updated feature we can remove it.

Hi Rob,

Is there any update on the Read only account function ??

I would like to let some of the staff have access but the only thing I want them able to do is read only and open IP links.

Updating firmwares / reboting AP's etc is too much for them.

What would be nice is a User that can Click on IP links and reboot SM's only. The rest is just read only.

Same for us

Rob, plus one for us

Hi Chris-T -- this is still on-track for a Q2 release (end-June now, but it could be July due to additional features added to 1.6.0). It will include a readonly Monitor role as well as an Operator role with more limited management capabilities than Administrator. The current Administrator will be separated into Super Administrator (who can manage users, APIs, and Authentication Servers) and a Standard Administrator, who will have access to all other operations. More granular role management is planned longer-term, but a date hasn't been finalized. The working authorization breakdown for the next release is as follows:

Feature

Description

SuperAdmin

Admin

Operator

Monitor

User Management

Manage users, roles, sessions

All

View

API Management

Create API clients

All

View

AAA Services

Add AAA servers

All

View

System Operations

Reboot VM, change log level, system upgrade, system monitoring

All

All

View

View

Device Operations

Reboot device, link test, connectivity test

All

All

All

View

Application Operations

Networks, tower creations, tech dump, import/export server data, account type change(backhaul and WiFi)

All

All

All

View

Guest Portal

Guest access

All

All

All

View

Global Configuration

Templates and AP Groups; ability to apply configuration.

All

All

View

View

Device Overrides

Per-device configuration changes, ability to apply configuration.

All

All

All

View

Notifications

Alarms and Events

All

All

All

View

Onboarding

Device approval, onboarding settings like password change

All

All

All

View

Reporting

Report generation view

All

All

All

View

Monitoring

Statistics data from device

All

All

All

View

Software Upgrade

Device image import export, upgrade device

All

All

All

View

Software Images

Download device software images

All

All

View

View

Data Tunnel

Data tunnel configuration.

All

All

View

View

Auto-Provisioning

Support for global auto-provisioning rules.

All

All

View

View

Application Settings

Change global application configuration.

All

All

View

View

The On-Premises API feature is starting a controlled beta this month. The AAA Services feature is for On-Premises login, and that is also planned for 1.6.0.

2 Likes