cnMaestro ... notes and issues

Bunch of small things that are driving me nuts with cnMaestro.

1. Software upgrade tab being forced to be sorted by AP tree, would be nice if their was an option to just get a list of SM's

2. Why is cnMaestro upgrading an SM from 15.1.5 to 15.1.5, its got the latest version it should be skipped, CNUT used to do this cnMaestro doesn't.

3. Offline Device alert should take into account AP's showing "request denied" if my AP is denying the user, it should get a different alarm level than customers who are offline for an unknown reason.

4. No way to schedule a upgrade job, i was really hoping to see this one added soon, but their should be a way either during the software upgrade job creation or from a menu on the job screen, to set a job to start at a specific time (cnut had this)

5. A way to see a count or literally anything in cnMaestro to tell us we have SM's connected on an AP that is not running a cnMaestro version (<14.2.x) would be handy to know we need to go check the AP with CNUT and manually upgrade the radio to 14.2+.

6. A toggle to set the default page to monitor network instead of the multipage dashboard.

7. Is it just me or do the performance graphs not work when week is selected (1wk/1hr resolution), on any SM or AP the graph is always blank on view, you have to click 24 hour or lower to see anything, if week isn't enabled i think it should be removed, or tell me how to enable it :)

8. When applying configuration templates, is their a way to specify to NOT reboot? I ask because i want to apply say a syslog template against all my devices to update some syslog settings, but i don't want to reboot them as i plan on upgrading them as well so don't want to have 2 reboots. 

9. Pulling backups from cnMaestro, is their any way to schedule to have backups taken from all the APs and stored in case of a failure we can have the latest .cfg file? Going through manually and grabbing cfg files from the webinterface is pretty tedious would be great to have that in a centralized place like cnMaestro.

10. Finally i think it would be great if cnMaestro had some way to give a network wide interference report (basically just CNR-RSSI = observed noise. Would be helpful to be able to see AP's with a poor average noise floor, and a way to see across entire network subscribers that might have interference.

3 Likes

Thank you. I have forwarded this to the product team. They may have clarification questions.

Ray

1 Like

Thanks for the valuable feedback, Point 2 is taken care as part of 1.6.3 release

We are evaluating the other points, we will keep you posted.

Regards,

Rupam

1 Like

1. Software upgrade tab being forced to be sorted by AP tree, would be nice if their was an option to just get a list of SM's

<KR> This can be achieved by using the Multiple selection drop down "Select All SMs " option on the right hand side of the device selection grid in the software update page

2. Why is cnMaestro upgrading an SM from 15.1.5 to 15.1.5, its got the latest version it should be skipped, CNUT used to do this cnMaestro doesn't.

<KR> As Rupam updated this will be coming in upcoming release 1.6.3

3. Offline Device alert should take into account AP's showing "request denied" if my AP is denying the user, it should get a different alarm level than customers who are offline for an unknown reason.

<KR> Requirement is not clear. Can you please explain in detail on what you are expecting wrt device offline event or Alarm

4. No way to schedule a upgrade job, i was really hoping to see this one added soon, but their should be a way either during the software upgrade job creation or from a menu on the job screen, to set a job to start at a specific time (cnut had this)

<KR> We already got request from other customers also and will be implemented in release 2.1.0 

5. A way to see a count or literally anything in cnMaestro to tell us we have SM's connected on an AP that is not running a cnMaestro version (<14.2.x) would be handy to know we need to go check the AP with CNUT and manually upgrade the radio to 14.2+.

<KR> Feature request was raised for this and will be handled in the future releases.

6. A toggle to set the default page to monitor network instead of the multipage dashboard.

<KR> Feature request was raised for this and will be handled in the future releases.

7. Is it just me or do the performance graphs not work when week is selected (1wk/1hr resolution), on any SM or AP the graph is always blank on view, you have to click 24 hour or lower to see anything, if week isn't enabled i think it should be removed, or tell me how to enable it :)
<KR> Performance graphs should populate the data for 1 week graphs also. If you are using a Cloud account you can invite us to your account so that we can debug what is happening. IF you are using a On Premises version , please enable the debug logs in Server->Diagnostics->Logging Severity and export the technical support dump from the same page and send it to krishna.reddum@cambiumnetworks.com

8. When applying configuration templates, is their a way to specify to NOT reboot? I ask because i want to apply say a syslog template against all my devices to update some syslog settings, but i don't want to reboot them as i plan on upgrading them as well so don't want to have 2 reboots.

<KR> cnMaestro does not send a reboot command after template config push. It all depends on the ePMP/PMP device platform whether the device needs to be rebooted for that particular config push and the device is rebooted based on that.

9. Pulling backups from cnMaestro, is their any way to schedule to have backups taken from all the APs and stored in case of a failure we can have the latest .cfg file? Going through manually and grabbing cfg files from the webinterface is pretty tedious would be great to have that in a centralized place like cnMaestro.

10. Finally i think it would be great if cnMaestro had some way to give a network wide interference report (basically just CNR-RSSI = observed noise. Would be helpful to be able to see AP's with a poor average noise floor, and a way to see across entire network subscribers that might have interference.
<KR> Will discuss with the engineering team and get back to you for this particular use case.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. I kind of figured that part out, with filtering and select all sm's (would be nice if their was an overall "select all sm's" instad of going through a bunch of pages checking each one. Same for APs

2. Great to hear this is fixed, i might wait for 1.6.3 before doing my next upgrade as this would be so much easier, select every ap and severy sm and just let the system figure which need to upgrade, like old cnut.

3. Here's an example from the configuration tab on session status page of the AP. Both SM's are offline... 

Capture.PNG

In cnMaestro currently both of these radios show up as "Major Alarms" so everytime we disconnect a customer and their radio is forced offline it shows in cnMaestro as a major alarm, it would be nice if their was a differentiation between customer radios that are offline because we're actively denying them access, and radios that are just offline with no reason. Seems the AP should be able to tell this easily "if SM config.reason = Request Denied alarm = minor else alarm = major.

This would be amazingly useful for seeing at a glance real issues, vs disconnected users.

4. 2.1.0 sounds really far off :( Any chance you guys can also include a reoccuring task with that scheduler such as "every night at midnight, attempt to upgrade all sm's < 15.1.5 to 15.1.5" in addition to the oneoff scheduling?

7. Logs sent

Thanks for clealry explaining the SM alerts scenario you are looking for and sending the logs for the weekly graph issue.

Will check the logs and get back to you.

Thanks,

KR.

Hi ,

After debugging we found that there is a known issue which is fixed after 1.6.1-r10 build .

Hence we request you to upgrade to 1.6.2-r11 package available in the support site and this can be applied on top of 1.6.1-r10 OVA

Thanks,

KR.