cnMaestro on premise?

Free, expected to be distributed as a VM but may be an installer package.

The details of an on-premise (NOC) version of cnMaestro, including cost, is not yet defined but will be communicated closer to launch.

It's now Q1, 2016though admittedly fairly early in it.

An OVA would be an ideal distribution platform for me.

Also wondering if cnMaestro and ex. E400 is to compete directly with Ubiquiti's Unifi system or not?

In my eyes, the E400 is priced very good, and therfor we are very interested in the cnMaestro's features and hopefully ease of use.

+1 to what Mike Hammett wrote.

Very much itching to get a look at cnMaestro on-site version and play with some Canopy gear.

Soooooo, how are we doing against the launch of cnMaestro on premise in Q1? :)

1 Like

Figured I'd give this a bump to see if it would get an update. Most of our network is in private IP space :-/

Our team is working on the release and we will keep you posted soon!!

2 Likes

Cory, do you mean most of your network blocked from directly accessing the public internet or just are on private IP addresses?

Jordan - Yes, most of our radios are that are deployed are in our management VLAN using 172.X.X.X that does not have access to the public internet.

1 Like

Same here.

Q2 is in two weeks ;)

OK.  Just checking since devices just need to be able to initiate contact with the cloud server and not necessarily have a public IP.  It's clear now that your devices don't fall under this category.

Same here all the radios are on the management vlan

Just dropping in to say that we are also looking forward to on-premise cnMaestro.

Our devices are on internal management VLANs and we really don't want to allow them NAT access to the internet.

Bump

Bump2

I personally would rather build a set of scripts to use my own version to integrate into my own custom monitoring solution that is tied into our billing system. Is this possible is it possible to send us basic info to ackomplish this without using snmp to to the radio?

cnMaestro is supposed to have an API of its own ("Northbound Interface") for doing that. I plan to make extensive use of this since I've got to do provisioning anyway, still.

If it ever gets released...

We are in the process of onboarding all of our ePMP gear into cnMaestro. All SMs are imported and online because they essentially have dual network interfaces, one being the management VLAN, the other being their WAN VLAN which is routable to the net. Unfortunately, none of my APs can be onboarded or discovered due to our network design.. We choose not to route our management VLAN network to the Internet and this policy has served us well so far.

With all the stir that the UBNT virus has created lately, I don’t want to overexpose the most critical areas of our network. We can either wait for the on-premise version of cnMaestro to become available, or we can find a way to securely communicate to your cloud. Maybe you can consider moving your cloud out of AWS so you can manage your own IP space with static IP subnets? That would at lease allow policy based routes from your customer's networks into your cloud. I'd even be willing to pay nominal fees to establish a IPSec tunnel to your network.

Hey guys I just watched this video clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPTK8b_w-w

Its mentioned that the on premises version is available now? Can someone perhaps send me a link or something?