cnPilot routers not showing up under the SM

How do I fix this? I have a bunch of routers that are not showing up under the appropriate 450 SM. Both of which are connected to the same cnMaestro instance. 

I've tried the suggestions in this thread https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/cnPilot-Routers-not-Grouping-with-SM-on-Version-1-6-2-r11/m-p/87553#M3464 but no change

is the cnPilot R powering up SM directly or Is there any switch in between router and SM?

If the reachability of the router is through the SM, it should get LLDP pMAC message from SM.

Just enable debug logs on cnPilot router and disable/enable the device-agent using device GUI so that router makes a new connection with cnMaestro, and in the syslog you can see it will print pmac,with that you might know which device in your network router is using as its parent, if the MAC is not of SM then it wont come under SM in cnMaestro

You should see something like this in the cnPilot router logs

<Thu Jul 19 16:53:25 2018> DEV_MANAGER[PID]: Sending pmac discover, device smac 00-04-XX-XX-XX-XX

Rupam

Can you provide mor information on this issue.  We are still seeing this issue with PMP450 modules only.  ALL ePMP's seem to be fine

Hi ,

For the cnPilot R series devices to show under the PMP 450 SM the R series devices should send the Parent MAC of the PMP 450 SM to cnmaestro. The PMAC discovery happens using LLDP . 

Below is the LLDP observation behind PMP 450 SM ,

PMP 450 SM:

SM Config

LLDP

LLDP Frequency and type

LLDP Tagging

Valid R-Series config to form a tree in CnMaestro and Reason

Without vlan

Yes

Every 30 secs and periodic

Untagged

Single MGMNT_INTERNET_VOICE interface without vlan.

Untagged LLDP packets will be received by R-Series to learn parent MAC.

Management Vlan configured (10) and Management passthrough disabled

NO

N/A

N/A

LLDP packets will not be sent behind SM, not a valid scenario.

Management Vlan configured (10) and Management passthrough enabled

Yes

Every 30 secs and periodic

Tagged with vlan 10

MANAGEMENT interface- vlan 10 should be configured.

LLDP packets coming out of SM will be tagged, so R-Series should have MANAGEMENT interface with vlan 10 to receive it.

Thanks,

KR.

Ok we are using a management vlan.  We have the SM configured with a managment vlan and a data vlan.

Management VLAN 10

Data Vlan 20

R-Series does not have VLAN Enable. R-Series gets a routable IP address from DHCP from the Data VLAN.  The SM gets a Management IP address from DHCP on the Management VLAN 10.

This setup also applies to ePMP devices which work correctly.  On PMP450 connections about 50% of the SM become separated from the Child device R-series.  Some do not become separated. I have not been able to find why.  I have noticed this is online on PMP450 connections though.  

Any idea or suggestions? 

PMP FW: 16.1 upgraded to 16.1.1 Beta3

R-Series FW: 4.6 R8

thank you

James

ANYTHING??

Ok we are using a management vlan.  We have the SM configured with a managment vlan and a data vlan.

Management VLAN 10

Data Vlan 20

R-Series does not have VLAN Enable. R-Series gets a routable IP address from DHCP from the Data VLAN.  The SM gets a Management IP address from DHCP on the Management VLAN 10.

This setup also applies to ePMP devices which work correctly.  On PMP450 connections about 50% of the SM become separated from the Child device R-series.  Some do not become separated. I have not been able to find why.  I have noticed this is online on PMP450 connections though.  

Any idea or suggestions? 

PMP FW: 16.1 upgraded to 16.1.1 Beta3

R-Series FW: 4.6 R8

thank you

James

Could you raise a support ticket so that we can access remotely and debug the issue .