Clients were not able to connect to E400 until the device was rebooted

Hello,

We have just bought an E400 and got it installed about a month ago. Before that, our vendor was kind enough to loan us a test unit for a month and it worked very well. 

The new unit that we bought so far has caused connectivity issues for 2 times within a month time. All clients were not able to connect to the wireless network out of sudden until we got to reboot the device. The log (as attached) shows clients being disconnected immediately after it connected to the AP. The E400 is configured with 2 wireless network, 1 for 5Ghz and the other for 2.4Ghz.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Please upgrade your device to latest software release 3.4.3.2.

Image is available in support site.

It would be really helpful if you could share tech-support of APs. It will help us to analyse the cause.

Thank You.

Thanks for your reply. The device is currently running on version 3.4.2 r36 and we will upgrade it later today. 

On the other hand, the loan unit that I mentioned in my previous post was also running on 3.4.2 r36 and we did not encounter the same issue.

By the way, how do I share the tech-support of the AP? 

Thank you.

Thanks for the update.

Please email me at shashank.tadakamadla@cambiumnetworks.com

I faced this problem with some of smartphones. It seems that there is some problem with Band steering, because everything is fine since I turned Band steering off. It worth a shot, I suppose, try it if after update AP would not be able to connect users.

Hi Elcaplette,

If Bandsteering is enabled then AP forces client to connect to 5G band.

If you have some clients with only 2.4G band supported, then you need to try connecting multiple times.

Please find the more detailed information regarding bandsteering form below link:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-E-Series-Hotspot-E500/Configuring-Band-Steering-on-cnPilot-E-series-Device/m-p/52985/highlight/true#M22

Suggestion is:

If you require bandsteer, then 2.4G clients take more time to connect or multiple retries required for connection.

Otherwise you can disable bandsteer and clients will connect to AP smoothly.

@ireddy wrote:

Hi Elcaplette,

If Bandsteering is enabled then AP forces client to connect to 5G band.

If you have some clients with only 2.4G band supported, then you need to try connecting multiple times.

Please find the more detailed information regarding bandsteering form below link:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-E-Series-Hotspot-E500/Configuring-Band-Steering-on-cnPilot-E-series-Device/m-p/52985/highlight/true#M22

Suggestion is:

If you require bandsteer, then 2.4G clients take more time to connect or multiple retries required for connection.

Otherwise you can disable bandsteer and clients will connect to AP smoothly.

Yeah, I know how it works, but band steering realization is different from vendor to vendor, and with Cambium I often see that 2.4G clients simply could not connect to SSID with Band steering — last time I tested it on first version of Autopilot. Client activity was very similar to opening post — legit CONNECTED and DISCONNECTED events with no time in between. When I turned off Band steering, problem was solved, so if it had worked for me — maybe it will be useful for someone else :)

Yes, disabling "Band Steering" solve this problem.
But "Band Steering" is the one of important point why we buy Cambium APs.

And it not a software problem. 24 of 30 APs work fine with enabled "Band Steering"