E430W first impressions

also note that there is a Kensington slot lock on the side for securing the unit if you like and when mounting you can lock with a Torx security type screw on teh bottom edge for added security.

3 Likes

Can you post a photo of one of your installations? High res would be great.

Thanks

Thank you for the detailed response Jim.

That’s good news regarding dual power source, always good to have an option for redundancy.

1 Like

the pattern shown does not seems correct. I am checking on this. It should look more like attached 2D patterns. Will look into this and update asap.

Hi Ray, I haven’t really installed it anywhere yet, its currently been sat on my desk while I’ve been testing the device but once I physically mount it somewhere I’ll post photos for you.

1 Like

thank you.

Hi Jim,

Those antenna patterns look much more like omnidirectional antennas.

Just for your information here is the link where I found the E430W Eakhau files: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/e410/

Hi,

could you tell me what real world speeds you got out of it at 2.4 an 5 GHz with a wall or two between the client and access point ?

That would be very nice.

(I‘m planning a small deployment where they had to cover a kind of bigger space and here they are not available yet so I can’t test it the next time)

1 Like

Hi,

Yes of course, would be happy to help.

I placed the AP in one room and then moved my client (a 1x1 802.11ac smartphone) two rooms down (so 2 walls in between the client and AP). The walls themselves are reasonably thick and dense so dB loss is noticeable.

The AP was set to 18 dBm on the 5GHz frequency and 15 dBm on the 2.4Ghz frequency.

Firstly the speed whilst in the same room at the AP was 30mbps (which is the speed I was getting from my ISP at the time).

Once moved two rooms away I was received around -70dBm on the 2.4Ghz frequency and 16.8mbps actual throughput. With the 5Ghz frequency I was receiving -78dBm and 16.9mbps actual throughput.

While of course there are a lot of variables to consider such as wall materials and room sizes I hope this gives you some indication and helps with your deployment. Good luck!

4 Likes

Is the desk mount and dual plate available yet?

I have not been able to find part numbers or priceing for these.

Thanks

Hi and thanks a lot.

So do I get it right that we are talking about massive walls ? So no drywall ?

And thanks again you really helped me !

Yes I believe the wall materials are a cement type material (similar to breeze blocks).

yes you can order them. part numbers are here:

PL-DUWLGNGA-WW (dual gang wall bracket)

PL-DTSTANDA-WW (desk mount bracket)

I will need to find where you can order from and post. 

Hi Ray,

Sorry for the delay, here is a photo as requested.

Just in case you wanted to know it being used as a mesh AP and is delivering data to a desktop PC and data/power to a VoIP in my home office.

6 Likes

Hi.

Does anyone else have more photos about instalations? It would be great to see this product in action.

Thanks.

Anze

Jim,

I'm unable to locate these part numbers anywere in any of your literature or from any distributor.  Have those part numbers changed?

Thanks,

Jason Petrillo

I see it avaialble here:

https://www.smartwifishop.ca/product/desk-stand-for-e430-series-ap/

Here are some of an install I did at a hotel..

Cable is behind the ap in a gang box..

3 Likes

thank you for sharing the information! it looks nicely fitting on the wall!

In this case we are not using passthrough connection so port 1 is not used, ports 2 and 3 are the same vlan as the guest wifi so that guests can connect a pc if they want and port 4 is poe and on the vlan for telephones. There is another physical port in the room next to the bed for a telephone but if they need to move the beds around they have another point the can use for the telephone… the extra ports and poe out make the 430 very versatile…

I would like to suggest that a rj45 plug be included on the 430 to close up port 1 when passthrough is not being used so users cant plug into port 1.