E600 USB and BLE

Can anyone enlighten me on the what the USB port is for and how to use it on an E600?

Also how to work with the BLE on the same E600

Or if they are even able to use as of now..

Thanks

@csalcedo wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me on the what the USB port is for and how to use it on an E600?

Also how to work with the BLE on the same E600

Or if they are even able to use as of now..

Thanks

One of the use-cases of USB is to connect a dongle for 4G/LTE backhaul. We have a limited beta for this at the moment, please let me know you would like to test.

BLE will be enabled for locationing/presense services in a future software release.

csalcedo,

As already mentioned an inititive underway is the use of a 4G dongle to provide either primary or secondary backhaul; particularly for the nominated controller in an AutoPilot deployment.  But in reality both are in place for future proofing the platform and allowing innovation to occur that may not yet be thought of.   

Curious, what ideas or suggestions do you have to leverage either the USB or BLE capability?  

Scott

Sorry if it was a repost.. I couldn’t find info on the forums about it..

For the BLE the obvious use is for BLE beacons for location-based analytics.

another use would be to connect some smart IOT device. this would be to present a BLE/ethernet interface to an IOT device for reporting purposes.

As for the USB port the LTE dongle idea is interesting. Using a dongle that presents itself as an ethernet port then maybe tunnel that back to a router or other device to use as a failover interface sounds interesting..

Thanks for the info

You are welcome and if any other ideas come to mind please post!  Scott