EPMP 1000 2.4Ghz Hot Spot System Setting

I am wonder what affect if any does the system setting placement details (indoor/outdoor) have on channel rescan because it seems all 21 APs I have all decided to be on Chan 6. I have tried scheduling at different times and one time schedules but nothing seems to give.

The Noise Floor is high on channels 1 and 11 so maybe they are making good rf choices.

Any insite would be helpful

Thanks

Dave

Please help us to understand your query better. 

Thank You. 

@dmilholen wrote:

I am wonder what affect if any does the system setting placement details (indoor/outdoor) have on channel rescan because it seems all 21 APs I have all decided to be on Chan 6. I have tried scheduling at different times and one time schedules but nothing seems to give.

The Noise Floor is high on channels 1 and 11 so maybe they are making good rf choices.

Any insite would be helpful

Thanks

Dave

could you please check the output of the wifi-analyzer on the AP? (you can trigger it from the GUI or from cnMaestro). If channel 6 is the cleanest of the 3 non-overlapping ones (1/6/11) then thats likely why the AP is picking that up. You can expand the list of channels, if you wish the AP to use a broader set by setting 'candidate channels' in the radio configuration to '1 4 7 11' or anything else like that.