Guest Access Portal with Custom Information

Hello everyone

I am trying to setup a Guest Access Portal for a network. The network already exists and works fine, right now you just connect to the hotspot and start surfing.

The optimal implemenatation would be when someone connects to the hotspot, they have to open their browser in order to connect to the internet. However, instead of them using a username and password, we want them to enter some details, specifically, a name, surname, email and/or phone number. 

I looked around on the forum and while i found some useful posts and responses, nothing seems to be similar to what im looking for. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

hi,

From your requirement it seems to be that, the splash page served to guest access clients shall contain below details like,

1. user name 

2. surname

3. cell number and 

4. email address 

do we need to make these as mandatory fileds or optional fileds? once users fills all these details and presses submit button AP shall provide internet access to guest users

what is the expectation on storing these information, does AP need to store it locally or need to post it to some web server?

Right now cnPilot AP doesn't provide adding all these fileds to the local splash page served by the AP?

but your feedbacks are important and welcome!!

WIth Regards,

Channareddy

Hello ansd thank you for the response 

The way you mentioned seems about right. 

Name and surname should be mandatory. For the email and telephone, either one would do.

Once submitted, they would have free internet access. The idea is to store this information, and use it in order to send newsletters to the email and messages to the phone.

I think if we could store it locally it would be more optimal, but right now either way would work so long as the data is accessible.

I also tried setting it up with the Google and Facebook sign in option. But i am unaware as to where that information goes or if it is even accesible. 

Thank you in advance and kind regards

1 Like

Hi, I would like to know if you could add a survey to the guest access page.

Or does not allow this customization? I would be much easier to do what you request Toobig since I need my own custom portal… waiting they answer thanks.

Hi,

Can you please eloborate your requirement. Do you need the Splash page which can be used for Surveying.

If so, please do mention details like where the data received from the User during the Survey should be stored and how these details be shared to the end user.

Regards,

Subodh

1 Like

My requirements would be to make a survey and be able to obtain data such as:

• Country of origin
  • cell phone
  • Local frequented (example: Dominos Pizza, Mcdonals, Kfc, etc).

And then go to a page with images and promotions of these places

If I can send those data to my own server would be excellent or if you have other options I could advise.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the detailed requirement.

We will be getting back to you on this after discussing it with the team.

Regards,

Subodh 

any updates on this requirement from technical team?

@erixmanu wrote:

My requirements would be to make a survey and be able to obtain data such as:

• Country of origin
  • cell phone
  • Local frequented (example: Dominos Pizza, Mcdonals, Kfc, etc).

And then go to a page with images and promotions of these places

If I can send those data to my own server would be excellent or if you have other options I could advise.