ISP Modem/Router + E410

Hi! I bought a cNPilot E410 to improve wifi signal in my house but it dind't arrive yet.  At the moment, I have a cable ISP in a wifi modem/router and I link it by cable to my children PS4.

I don't know anything about network but I know that changing the modem/router into bridge configuration and linking it to E410 as AP I can still have wifi around my house. What I need to know is what I can do to still have the chance of using cable connection to PS4, because E410 AP has only one port.

Thanks.

@acard0808 wrote:

Hi! I bought a cNPilot E410 to improve wifi signal in my house but it dind't arrive yet.  At the moment, I have a cable ISP in a wifi modem/router and I link it by cable to my children PS4.

I don't know anything about network but I know that changing the modem/router into bridge configuration and linking it to E410 as AP I can still have wifi around my house. What I need to know is what I can do to still have the chance of using cable connection to PS4, because E410 AP has only one port.

Thanks.

If you would also like that wired connection we would recommend leaving the ISP modem/router to do the NAT and DHCP.

So configure the e410 in bridge mode (dont enable NAT or DHCP server on it), and connect it to one of the LAN ports of the ISP modem/router. Dont change any configuraiton on your ISP router other than probably disabling Wi-Fi on it. This way the Wi-Fi will be provided by the e410, the NAT & DHCP will happen from the ISP modem/router, and your PS4 can also work cabled up as it works today.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Your solution is great, I am going to try it.

Sorry, does it lose anything in that connfiguration, I mean, as brige?

@acard0808 wrote:

Sorry, does it lose anything in that connfiguration, I mean, as brige?

no, the DHCP and NAT are just additional features, all of the wireless and management features remain unchanged. 

In fact bridge mode is the standard/default mode in most enterprise deployments for the e410, especially when more then one AP is part of the network.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!