Speedtest functionality

Hello. Will there be a speedtest tool available on the cnPilot routers that can run a test from the router to either a server in our core or a Speetest.net server to verify the real speeds at the router instead of having to walk customer through how bypass and use their old, infected computer?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, this is on our roadmap as we have received some requests for this as it is a mighty handy tool to troubleshoot.  We don't have a committed timeline yet, but definitely plan to add this to the arsenal.

1 Like

May i just bring this topic back up, this functionality is going to prove crucial for us and most others i woudl suggest.

When can we expect it or have i missed it?

Thanks   

1 Like

Speed test feature (called wifiperf) will be avilable on next release 4.3.3. (planned on mid of July 2017)

@Noyal wrote:

Speed test feature (called wifiperf) will be avilable on next release 4.3.3. (planned on mid of July 2017)

Excellent! This will be a very useful. 

We are still on 4.3.2 is this speedtest still on the roadmap?

Hi,

4.3.3 release process has started you will see the firmware posted on the support site shortly.

thanks 

ashutosh

While we're on the subject of adding cnPilot functionality; besides bandwidth testing, one of the more important troubleshooting tools we use to determine customer issues is torching ports to see what devices are talking to what IP's and using what bandwidth.  This has helped tremedously in determining when an unknown device on the network uses all their bandwidth to download large files.

@ashutoshdatta wrote:

Hi,

4.3.3 release process has started you will see the firmware posted on the support site shortly.

thanks 

ashutosh

@ashutoshdatta , how shortly?

Hi,

I am looking at releasing it by 10/6 if all goes well.

thanks 

ashutosh

Thank you, we are looking forward to it for sure.

Are we still planning to release 4.3.3 on or before 10-6-2017?

Hi Danny,

the release is on track and should be published as planned.

thanks 

ashutosh

Thank you.

When is Version 4.3.3 going to be published? 

It was supposed to be published on 10-6 and it is now 10-10.

Hi Danny,

The release is already available on the support site.

thanks 

ashutosh

We have downloaded Version 4.3.3-R4 and installed it in our test R200 router. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that the "Speedtest" function is only available using cnMaestro. 

If there is a Speedtest available from the R200's GUI, we have not found it.

Back to cnMaestro...... It appears that the "Speedtest" function is suppossed to be run from "Tools, Wifi Performanace". 

If that is the case, when you click on the "Start Test" button on that page using either the UDP or TCP option - this is what you get:

Error   There is some issue in the network. Please try again after sometime.

The 4.3.3-R4 manual says little about the function and the latest cnMaestro also says little. 

In the latest cnMaestro manual on page 63, it makes reference to:

WiFi performance tool has interoperability support with the open source zapwireless tool.
(https://code.google.com/archive/p/zapwireless/).
This tool can be used to measure the following with intervals of 10, 20 and 30 secs:

Is the zapwireless tool something that needs to be downloaded and installed in our OnPremises cnMaestro Server?

FYI - We are running cnMaestro OnPremises Version 1.51-r8. 

Please see my answers.

1) speed test can be triggered only by cnMaestro on premises (it cannot be triggered from web gui).

2)  cnMaestro is having inbuilt to speed server/end point , so you no need to install any any zap wireless tool.

3) cnMaestro should be local to the site  .if cnMaestro is remote (through NAT) , test will fail on current cnMaestro release.

4) we are updating cnMaestro  solution where in case  cnMaetro is remote you can set up a local speed test server (where you to install zapwireless  tool , )so speed test can be oerformed between local speed test server and device .we are expecting  new cnMaestro release in couple of weeks , we wil update you.

Hope it is clear :

1) for your issue  ( Error   There is some issue in the network. Please try again after sometime.)  , it seems cnMaestro is remote (through NAT)  from device

2) in order to resolve either you need to have cnMaestro local to the site or suggest to to wait for next cnMaestro release (that support to perforrm speed test between local server /You need to have local server with wifiperf).

thanks

1 Like

Hy Noyal, any date for next maestro release? thanks a lot!

@Noyal wrote:

3) cnMaestro should be local to the site  .if cnMaestro is remote (through NAT) , test will fail on current cnMaestro release.

4) we are updating cnMaestro  solution where in case  cnMaetro is remote you can set up a local speed test server (where you to install zapwireless  tool , )so speed test can be oerformed between local speed test server and device .we are expecting  new cnMaestro release in couple of weeks , we wil update you.

With the new version, will we be able to run cnMaestro cloud and connect local speed test servers to work together?