cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtest functionality

Frequent Contributor

Speedtest functionality

Hello. Will there be a speedtest tool available on the cnPilot routers that can run a test from the router to either a server in our core or a Speetest.net server to verify the real speeds at the router instead of having to walk customer through how bypass and use their old, infected computer?

Thanks

21 REPLIES

Re: Speedtest functionality

Yes, this is on our roadmap as we have received some requests for this as it is a mighty handy tool to troubleshoot.  We don't have a committed timeline yet, but definitely plan to add this to the arsenal.

Occasional Contributor

May i just bring this topic back up, this functionality is going to prove crucial for us and most others i woudl suggest.

When can we expect it or have i missed it?

Thanks   

Speed test feature (called wifiperf) will be avilable on next release 4.3.3. (planned on mid of July 2017)

Regular Contributor

Noyal wrote:

Speed test feature (called wifiperf) will be avilable on next release 4.3.3. (planned on mid of July 2017)

Excellent! This will be a very useful. 

Occasional Contributor

We are still on 4.3.2 is this speedtest still on the roadmap?

Hi,

4.3.3 release process has started you will see the firmware posted on the support site shortly.

thanks 

ashutosh

Occasional Contributor

While we're on the subject of adding cnPilot functionality; besides bandwidth testing, one of the more important troubleshooting tools we use to determine customer issues is torching ports to see what devices are talking to what IP's and using what bandwidth.  This has helped tremedously in determining when an unknown device on the network uses all their bandwidth to download large files.

Regular Contributor

ashutoshdatta wrote:

Hi,

4.3.3 release process has started you will see the firmware posted on the support site shortly.

thanks 

ashutosh

@ashutoshdatta , how shortly?

Hi,

I am looking at releasing it by 10/6 if all goes well.

thanks 

ashutosh