I received the files and we are investigating further. Shall get back as soon as I have some updates for you.
we have received sample configuration from Danny. We are investigating to find the root cause and shall keep you posted.
Was just going through your config. Is there are reason you are sticking to WEP and b/g only mode ? When we tried in our lab with apple clients we tried with b/g/n and WPA2PSK. Shall load your configuration and perform the test again in the mean time.
By the way how does it help, using the Operatin Mode : "Basic Mode" for you ? Just a curious question. (not related to the issue at hand)
Are you also using b/g mode and/or WEP for wireless security in your configuration by any chance ?
I also want to know what is your standard config on the device. Please share with me via my email provided earlier.
Is your R200 WAN configured in Bridge Mode ?
If so, are you expecting clients to get IP from an external DHCP server.
If so, do you have the local DHCP server disabled ?
Just thinking of a possibility that you have 2 DHCP servers playing in. If in bridge mode we can keep the local DHCP server disabled and let the clients get IP through the external DHCP server behind the WAN.
I have an R200 (S/N 400...) sitting in my "to RMA" pile. The customer would have dropouts where no devices could reconnect to the router and everything would stop working. Eventually I just replaced it with another R200 (S/N WFS...), and everything works fine. Looking back at their logs, all of the devices were Apple devices.
Configuration was very close to defaults using WPA2, NAT, local DHCP, etc.
I use B/G/N mixed mode, WPA-2 passphrase. We configure PPPoE for our WAN type using NAT on the LAN side. They're not in Bridged mode.
The Routers get an IP from our DHCP relay server which gets them online so they can access cnMaestro website for provisioning. After they get their provisioning they switch over to PPPoE.
The attached customers pull their IP addresses from the cnPilot R200's local DHCP server (192.168.11.xxx)
We leave most of the defaults on when it comes to wifi, just change the SSID and WPA passphrase. We've tried switching channels, from 20/40 to just 20... and from short preamble to long preamble but the solution continues to be replace it with a WFS model.
We have been trying to recreate this issue in our labs , but so far all clients are able to connect well. Is it possible to have a remote session (Teamviewer) to get some insight. I am located in IST timezone.
In the mean time can you try installing the 4.3.3-R4 again and factory reset the box, then try to connect the said clients to the default SSID / psk ?
NOTE: Please export/backup your config to be able to restore to original state later before performing factory reset.
Ashutosh, when I get back into town in a couple of days, I will hook up one of the R200’s that had the problem and let get into it.
Still has 4.3.3-R4 in it from when it wouldn’t allow various items to connect to its Wifi. I will PM you after I get it connected.
Ashutosh, I am emailing you the configuration and the syslog files from another R-200 router with a Serial # starting in "400" that has the same problem of not allowing wireless devices to connect to it.
As with the other R-200's that we have seen, this one has the same problem.
It was running 4.3.3-R4. We downgraded it to 4.3.1 this morning while they were on the phone and the R-200 allow them to connect their wireless devices back to the 2.4 Ghz Wifi.