cnRanger The Next Generation into LTE Webinar Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0cyTliGCg

3 Likes

If there are any questions about the cnRanger product, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them here.  Thanks for attending the webinar yesterday!

Hi guys

Can you please let me know if CNRanger works only for Licensed Frequencies?

The question aims to find out if we can deploy LTE for data only, lets say  I have one small LTE  Router moving at high speed (more than 100 km/h) and wish to give internet service to that LTE router since I have been told that traveling at speeds of 70 mps or above I can not catch Wifi conectivity but Celular.

Please let me know your thougths

@Rick_ili wrote:

Hi guys

Can you please let me know if CNRanger works only for Licensed Frequencies?

The question aims to find out if we can deploy LTE for data only, lets say  I have one small LTE  Router moving at high speed (more than 100 km/h) and wish to give internet service to that LTE router since I have been told that traveling at speeds of 70 mps or above I can not catch Wifi conectivity but Celular.

Please let me know your thougths

cnRanger, and LTE in general is designed to use licensed bands. cnRanger will be released for 2.3/2.5GHz/EBS/BRS bands first, and then 3GHz/CBRS bands later on. Cambium is considering unlicensed 5GHz (LTE-U) but they have not commited to it yet, and if it does come out, it will be well after 2.X and 3GHz is released.

However, none of this will really help you as Cambium's LTE implementation is designed for fixed access and not mobility, as it seems your application requires.

Does it support licensed frequencies based on FDD? 

@jldiaz wrote:

Does it support licensed frequencies based on FDD? 

I haven't seen any mention of it supporting any FDD bands, furthermore, the bands they've announced products for, B38, 40, and 41, are traditionally TDD bands.

cnRanger will support bands TD-LTE bands 38, 40 and 41 on first release.  We will support bands 42, 43 and 48 with a future release.  We don't yet have plans for any FDD LTE band support.