Force 110 for 2Ghz epmp

What is the reccomendation for a higher gain SM beyond that of the 2Ghz integrated epmp1000 radio? Would it be to use a reflector dish such as this one from KP Performance? http://www.kpperformance.ca/epmp-radio-reflector-dish

Is there a similar "Force 110" footprint planned for the 2Ghz frequency?

They said there is one planned for first quarter of next year.

Hi Cambium.  Is there an ETA on a 2.4 Ghz Force dish?  If not, do we have a revised ETA?

We have a network with about 2,000 older 2.4Ghz CPE's, and we're considering UBNT and ePMP for our forward path.

I've been told sometime in July of this year.

the connectorized EPMP cpes can be used with ubnt RD24 2ghz, works pretty well. 

I've also heard July. 

Hi.  OK, it's  July 1st....   where is my Force 2.4Ghz dish?   :)

1 Like

I am waiting as well. Maybe they will give us a update. I want to see the 2.4 force before I buy a bunch of radios and change my ubnt stuff out. 

@ninedd wrote:

Hi Cambium.  Is there an ETA on a 2.4 Ghz Force dish?  If not, do we have a revised ETA?

We have a network with about 2,000 older 2.4Ghz CPE's, and we're considering UBNT and ePMP for our forward path.

Ninedd,

I believe we just announced the ordering of the Force 200 2.4 dishes. In the meantime, I have some beta units available if you want to try them out. They would be yours to keep but I would certainly welcome feedback.

Sakid

1 Like

@pgator17 wrote:

I am waiting as well. Maybe they will give us a update. I want to see the 2.4 force before I buy a bunch of radios and change my ubnt stuff out. 

How about a pair of Force 200 2.4 for you to try out? 

Sakid

2 Likes

DIBS.  I call dibs.

I'll take a dozen to try out, if I can get them. :)

For sure, please pm me and I will give you an address. 

What is Force 200? Is that a dish redesign for 5GHz as well as the new dish for 2.4GHz?

We would welcome you to send us one beta dish for each band and our techs can give feedback on assembly. 

Thank you

I would be interested also, in the freebie. :)

@Sakid Ahmed wrote:

I believe we just announced the ordering of the Force 200 2.4 dishes. 

Wonderful, we've been waiting eagerly for that.  3.65GHz has been a headache for us, 5.8GHz doesn't reach everywhere we need it, and (for now) 900MHz doesn't offer speeds the customers demand.

We found that the integrated version of the 5.8GHz just didn't cut it in too many scenarios, waited a bit and the Force100/Force110 dishes fixed it all for us. (within the limitations of signal propogation, etc - of course)

We've had a 2.4GHz ePMP AP and a couple integrated clients on the network for a couple months now, and had decided NOT to proceed with the gear until a dish version became available.

What's the gain and diameter?  And (at the risk of repeating the earlier question) is there any ETA on when these will actually be in installers' hands?  (no offense, but 'announcing ordering' is not as reassuring as "product shipping")

j

When I was talking to a distributor last week they did mention the 2.4ghz Force 200 was coming soon, but what about 5ghz? is that expected at the same time? I would love to see what these things are going to look like, any chance we can get some pictures?

The preliminary spec sheets shows a picture of them, and also says they are only a 17dB gain antenna - 18.5" diameter. They do look like they are designed to be simpler to assemble.

I was hoping to also see a larger dish with more gain like the 110 has, but I guess that going from 0 antennas available in 2.4ghz, up to 1 antenna available, that's an infinity percent increase in available antennas.  When they are available that is...   :)

That looks like a thing of beauty! 17dbi is a reasonable size for 2.4ghz - any bigger than that, and the dishes start to get too big (that's pretty much the same size dish as the 110).

It appears to have a lot less parts to assemble than the 110, which is definitely a good thing. I can't really tell how easy it will be to assemble though... I guess I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on one for that.

I got to put together a Force200 at Cambium HQ a couple months ago. It is awesome. The 450d SM is great as well.