2.4 containerized/synced epmp AP's. When I disable the "automatic channel selection" gets an error

I am attempting to configure 2.4 containerized/synced epmp as AP's. When I disable the "automatic channel selection"  and save I get an error "Configuration save failed.

Configuration->Radio->Alternate Frequency Carrier 1:
Add record with proper values

Configuration->Radio->Alternate Frequency Carrier 2:
Add record with proper values"

But the Alternate Frequency Carrier 1 and 2 fields are grayed out and not configurable. I must be missing something but not sure what. Any ideas?

Connectorized, not containerized

Can you set the radio to enable ACS, and then set alt frequency carrier 1 and 2 to 'none', then save, then disable ACS again, then save and reboot? If all that doesn't work, you may just have to reset to factory defaults and reconfigure the radio.

2 Likes

As long as ACS is enabled alt freq carrier 1 and 2 are not available. That field only shows up when you disable ACS. I have tried reseting to factory defaults and starting over. I have tried multiple radios. I am using 2.6.1 firmware.

NM. Figured this out. I had to disable the ACS and save, then change the freq and save, then change the freq reuse and save.

1 Like

Hi Sean,

What FW version is installed on that radio?

Most simple way to solve the issue:

1. Download Configuration file in Text format.

2. Reset device to default.

3. Delete values for parameters:

dfsAlternative1CenterFrequency

dfsAlternative2CenterFrequency

4. Verify that they have format:

"dfsAlternative1CenterFrequency":    ""

"dfsAlternative2CenterFrequency":    ""

5. Upload configuration to device.

Thank you.