About cnPilot series

What are the ranges of the different cnPilot WiFi solution series. Am talking about the cnPilot R2OO, R201 , E400, and E500?.

Hello emma, welcome to the Cambium forum! First off, this post would best be asked in the cnPilot area of the forum. While the ePMP products have limited WiFi capabilities, the products that you asked about are purely cnPilot equipment.

That being said... many people ask the questions you've asked, unfortunately it's a very difficult question to answer because there are so many variables involved. A few of these variables are:

- Radio power output varies by band and by country

- Sensitivity and power can differ wildly between client devices

- Interference on highly congested bands can serious hinder performance and range

- Building construction, size, and contents can seriously hinder performance and range

That being said, here's a mix of specifications and subjective coverage opinion regarding the three different radios:

- The R200/R201 offer the lowest range and performance in the cnPilot series.  The R200/R201 will work best when used in a single floor, stick built construction home of less then 1500sq feet, with the radio placed centrally. The antenna specifications and radio power for the R200/R201 is as follows:

Omnidirectional  5dBi antenna gain
2.4GHz radio has max tx power 20dBm (25dBi EIRP with the antenna gain)
5GHz radio has max tx power 16dBm (21dBi EIRP with the antenna gain)

- The E400 has moderate range and performance . The E400 has significantly higher power output then the R200/R201. It could provide better coverage/throughput to a larger sized home, or deal with a home built out of denser building materials, or a multi level home, small/mid sized office. The antenna specifications and radio power for the E400 is as follows:

Omnidirectional  4.55 dBi (2.4 GHz)/4.25 dBi (5 GHz)
Max TX Power +25 dBm (depending on band and region)

- The E500 has high range and performance . The E500 has slightly higher power output and antenna gain then the E400. It could provide excellent coverage/throughput throughout a very large home, or an industrial area, warehouse or large office. The antenna specifications and radio power for the E500 is as follows:

Omnidirectional  5dBi antenna gain
Max TX Power +29 dBm for 2.4, and +28dBm for 5ghz (depending on band and region)

I've also attached the three PDF specification sheets for these products as well to further help you out. I hope this overview helps!

3 Likes

The reason I asked that because we are the authorized VAR in Uganda, under Systech Africa Uganda Limited so when we are trying to market these products to clients thats a question that usually pops up. Anyway let me first look at the attached document.

Thank you for the reply anayway

@emma wrote:

The reason I asked that because we are the authorized VAR in Uganda, under Systech Africa Uganda Limited so when we are trying to market these products to clients thats a question that usually pops up. Anyway let me first look at the attached document.

Thank you for the reply anayway

You should reach out to your Cambium Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Tech (RTM), they should be able to discuss these products in detail with you.

1 Like

Hi Emma,

It is a pleasure to have you as an aquaintance. 
 My name is Ionut and I am the Sales Manager for Uganda.

Please reach out to me: ionut.croitoru@cambiumnetworks.com .

Thank you,

Ionut

1 Like