Cambium, What were you thinking! Force 300 Issues

So, this week we got a couple of Force 300's in to take a look at before we invested in further rollout when the ePMP 3000's are released.

What.... a.... joke!

Mounting bracket

The handle has been removed. :( 

The bracket is more like a Ubiquiti now. *vomit*

The pole attachment will just spin on the top section of a telo-mast (32mm).

Reverse pol power!

Who in their right mind thought that using something different from the standard would be a good idea? 

It's like going back to using the Canopy or Orthogon equipment again! *smacks head*

Seriously Cambium.... what were you thinking?

You've had such good success with ePMP Force 200, why mess with the formula?

We're frustrated after 2 units. I can only imagine how annoyed my team will be after hundreds.

Grrrr......

Anyone else feeling my pain?

Greg

1 Like

We are!
Force 300 needs to be better done in the mounting bracket: Force 200 was better, I can’t understand why changing with a worst solution…

1 Like

I become more and more convinced every day that no one at Cambium has ever actually installed any kind of wireless gear or maybe even been outside...  Their RF engineers are world class and the reason ePMP "just works" where Ubiquiti and Mamosa struggle. Really, I can't say enough about how amazing their RF people are.  But whoever is designing/approving most of their hardware/interfaces reminds me of the lion stuffed by a taxidermist that had never seen a lion before.

stuffedlion.jpg

2 Likes

Greetings,

We are currently reviewing the mounting bracket design and when able we will provide more details.  

Thank You,

Kelly L. Henry

ePMP Product Line Manager

@KellyHenry wrote:

We are currently reviewing the mounting bracket design and when able we will provide more details.

Awesome Kelly.  :)  PLEASE also consider LED's that can be seen in the daytime.  :D

I have to agree with brubble1 - to me, it really feels like whomever picked the LEDs has never been outside with a Cambium radio on a roof or tower in the daytime.  We can barely even see if they are powered on or not (literally - we have to cup our hands over and put an eye right up to the LEDs) and then even if we can maybe sometimes tell if they are powered up or not, they are certainly useless as any sort of diagnostic aid. The LED's need to be MUCH MUCH MUCH brighter.

Thank you for your consideration. :)
ToddC

2 Likes

@KellyHenry wrote:

Greetings,

Thank You,

Kelly L. Henry

ePMP Product Line Manager

No need to review it. Scrap it and use the Force 200 bracket. And as others said, LED's we can actually use. 

2 Likes

Definately replace the mounting solution, I recommend what others have said and revert to the whole back piece of the force 200.

I was told it was changed to pass on lower costs... I call BS to this. A new design vs a working one where you already buy them in bulk does not amke sense. With the F200 not been "retired" 2 units using the same mounting would only lower the cost, throw in the 450b for this design and walla. F200 mounts and brackets are perfect.

In regards to the LED issues Cambiums next release will be the ePMP Force Eyecups, coming to a distro near you.

1 Like

I recommend also to review Force 190 mounting solution... 

I guess at least on the 300's they moved the useless LEDs to the back of the radio. I found it amusing that Cambium docs warn you to follow FCC guidlines and not expose yourself the RF energy of the radios (don't get your body parts closer than, I think it's 18 inches, from the business end of the ePMP radio when it's on) then design the radios so that you have to stick your head right up in the dish with your eyeball like 1 inch from antenenna in order to see the LEDs....  The first gen Ubiquiti LED's weren't much better though (haven't used any of the new stuff so I wouldn't know if they improved or not).

We rarely use the LEDs unless we can't access the radio and want to see if the power/ethernet LED is lit up. Hmm I shouldn't stick my head in the radio if it is on but I have to stick my head in the radio to see if it's on !

What's happening with the product Kelly?