Cannot update from 3.2 to 3.2.1

Trying to update 5.7 EPMP from 3.2 to 3.2.1. It brings up the please wait box then it disappears. That is all that happens...My EPMP 2.4 worked fine with this.

Have tried with IE and Chrome, and different PC...

Hi ,

Could you please let me know what is the Software that you are trying to upgrade ?

Is it a GPS or NON GPS Sync Radio ?

Once  you have downloaded the software from the website. Please make sure that the software has an extension tar.gz?

Could you please try replacing the cables once and try again the same ?

Please make sure that you have downloaded the correct software  from the below link.

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

Regards,

Sreeram 

It is the GPS included software.

I am trying to load it remotely, which I have done for all my other EPMP APs.

Yes, it is the right package.

I cannot change the cable - its on a tower. Current cable working fine.

When I select the file, click the upgrade button, I get the "please wait" box for 5-10 seconds. It then disappears, nothing else happens. No notifications or changes...

Hi,

Please try to clear cache in your browser, then reboot device and then try to upgrade it again.

Thank you.

Did that for both Chrome and IE. Still doing the same thing.

Here is what is strange as well. When I log out of the EPMP, and then log back in, the active read-write users sometimes will increments by one, even though there is only me on one PC logged into it.

I have 3.2 on it and 3.1 in the inactive bank. I cannot even get 3.2 to load in the inactive bank. It does the same thing. 

The time and date are wrong. It is showing October of 2015. Could that be the problem?

I am having the exact same issue with one of my ePMP 5ghz access points as well.

Well, been sitting on this problem for a few days...We lost power at the office for a few hours, everything shut down. After the power came up, thought I might as well try the upgrade again. To my delight, this time it decided to work. Don't know for what reason. I literally did it the same way as every other try...

We are having the same issue and the conclusion must be that the 3.2 Release does not allow you to restart or upgrade the radio, neither through the WEB interface or the SSH console. In the console the message that comes back when you try the reboot command. It will sit there for about 10 seconds and then come back saying: No responce from host

It also will not reboot unless a physical reboot is done on the unit it does not come back up. The issue seems to be isolated to AP and PTPMasters only because all SM and PTPSlaves have upgraded no problem.

Hi,

We are working on this issue now.

As workaround pilease reboot device via power feeding and then upgrade it.

Thank you.

@Frank Oller wrote:

We are having the same issue and the conclusion must be that the 3.2 Release does not allow you to restart or upgrade the radio, neither through the WEB interface or the SSH console. In the console the message that comes back when you try the reboot command. It will sit there for about 10 seconds and then come back saying: No responce from host

It also will not reboot unless a physical reboot is done on the unit it does not come back up. The issue seems to be isolated to AP and PTPMasters only because all SM and PTPSlaves have upgraded no problem.

If you have cnMaestro set up to manage the devices, it DOES successfully reboot them.  I had a few that wouldn't reboot from webUI, SNMP, or SSH.

j

1 Like