Cold Weather Issues?

Hi Vlad,

You can contact me, too, via daniel.sullivan@cambiumnetworks.com and I will help you.

Daniel Sullivan

ePMP Software Manager

Just to keep the community up to date, I'm testing a RC firmware Dan sended me that seem to fix the issue. I'm waiting tonigh, weather prevision is -16 but had some night around -10 without seeing radio reboot or ethernet down for 2~3 seconds and up again in my switch's log.

2 Likes

I have 8 clusters of ePMP GPS radios. Temps hit -4F yesterday. i've spent the entire day today truble shooting and eventually replacing radios on towers.  I can confirm EVERY radio with mac  00056CExxxx  is having issues  the KEY here is CE in the mac address. unfortunatly I just purchaced another 10 radios and they also have CE in the mac. 

We need a fix ASAP. It's not getting  warmer untill march.

@bayan deanparvar wrote:

I have 8 clusters of ePMP GPS radios. Temps hit -4F yesterday. i've spent the entire day today truble shooting and eventually replacing radios on towers.  I can confirm EVERY radio with mac  00056CExxxx  is having issues  the KEY here is CE in the mac address. unfortunatly I just purchaced another 10 radios and they also have CE in the mac. 

We need a fix ASAP. It's not getting  warmer untill march.

Bayan, 

Please contact me by email at sriram@cambiumnetworks.com

Thanks,

Sriram

5 radios upgraded to the early beta let's see what happens tonight. It's very cold

Current Temp 16°F
Feels Like 6°
Light Snow

Tonight Low: 9°F

Hello,

If you are having devices exhibiting problems in cold weather, please use the software from the following URL on these devices:

goo.gl/4TpMif

This will help as we have tried this out on several customers and their devices successfully.

In about a week, we plan on releasing an official load of software, 2.6.1, with this fix included.

Daniel Sullivan

ePMP Software Manager

3 Likes

DSMW16 wrote:
It’s very cold
Current Temp 16°F
Tonight Low: 9°F

LOL. It’s -31c here (-24f) and its been considered ‘‘unseasonably warm’’ for us this time of year. Normally, we’ll hit -43c (-45f) for overnight lows in January.;Our all time record low in town is -53c (-64f). Temps in the 9F to 16F range is literally T-Shirt weather for us. :slight_smile:

So - I’m glad to hear that Cambium has found/solved this issue. It’s obivously a major concern for anyone in our climate. Good work Cambium. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh thank God! This really screwed us this weekend and we were at a total loss why this was happening other than it got really cold.  Gonna try this out and report back.  

1 Like

We are experiencing the same issue and are in the Chicago area. We have had GPS and non GPS with problems. The MACs start with . 000456C. W spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out and have some very angry customers

We have 70 of these deployed.

@WOW-access wrote:

We are experiencing the same issue and are in the Chicago area. We have had GPS and non GPS with problems. The MACs start with . 000456C. W spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out and have some very angry customers

We have 70 of these deployed.

Hi WOW-access, 

Please install the firmware from the link that Dan Sullivan has provided above. This should resolve the cold issues until we get a beta release out later this week. 

Thanks,

Sriram

The files to upgrade to 2.6.1 Beta in this forum appear to have fixed our issues in cold weather.  That was painful.  I'm glad this was addressed very quickly but... Ouch.  

4 Likes

No problem for 7 days and severals hours with at less 2 nights under -10. No reboot, no ethernet disconnect on the switch log. Seem fix :-D

1 Like

The beta firmware has corrected our issues as well.

1 Like

We got -21 yesterday. I update one ptp at 5:00pm yesterday. The other reboot but not the updated one. So i will update other ptp link as well. For now it's look like a good fix.

1 Like

I also had multiple management/reboot problems with cold weather and last firmware seems to fix the issues ! Is there an official release date yet ?

Hi. Where can I get this 2.6.1 beta firmware to try? I am subscribed to the Beta forum, buy I see nothing there… Saskatchewan is forecasting -50c to -60c tonight.

You can download it here;

goo.gl/4TpMif

So am I correct to assume that APPX  is for GPS Sync radios and SMPX is for non-GPS Sync radios ?  

After upgrading SM's  Tools> Software Uprade  says:   "Software Version  Not applicable"   instead of 2.6.1 or whatever I would expect it to say.  Assuming this is normal since it says this on every single radio I upgraded to 2.6.1

@viper612 wrote:

You can download it here;

goo.gl/4TpMif

We must be  about this update, it's not all radio that are compatible, that why Cambium didn't let everyone download the firmware. 

"Cambium didn't let everyone download the firmware. "

Yeah they did, it was a Cambium person that posted that link in this thread and said to use it on any radios that appeared to be having cold weather problems.