Disable ePMP LAN Interface with SNMP

I'm trying to figure out how to disable the ethernet interface on ePMP radios using SNMP. From looking through the MIB file, I don't see anything that explicitly mentions it.

One thing I tried was setting the interface admin status of the LAN port to "2" (Down) using the following OID: .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.1, which killed the Ethernet interface as expected, though the  web interface of the  CPE (Force 200) showed the ethernet status highlighted in red at 100 Mbps / Full and the Ethernet port Enable / Disable option under Configuration > Network in the web UI did not change. 

Is there a more graceful way to do this?

@BenJ wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to disable the ethernet interface on ePMP radios using SNMP. From looking through the MIB file, I don't see anything that explicitly mentions it.

One thing I tried was setting the interface admin status of the LAN port to "2" (Down) using the following OID: .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.1, which killed the Ethernet interface as expected, though the  web interface of the  CPE (Force 200) showed the ethernet status highlighted in red at 100 Mbps / Full and the Ethernet port Enable / Disable option under Configuration > Network in the web UI did not change. 

Is there a more graceful way to do this?

Hi,

I guess you are looking for this parameter:

networkLanEnabled  OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX	   Integer32 (0|1)
	MAX-ACCESS read-write
	STATUS	   current
	DESCRIPTION
		"Lan Port Enabled
			0 - Disable,
			1 - Enable
		Device Allocation: SM"
		DEFVAL	{ 1 }
	::= { networkLan 25 }

Thank you.

2 Likes

That looks like it! In my MIB browser, I was only seeing the oid for the Aux port, I think it was “networklan2enable”, though at the time I didn’t think I saw that. Thanks!