EPMP 2000 Users all on SECTOR instead of Beam form antenna

This unit keeps showing up with all users connected to sector where as earlier they were on the beam form antenna. They dont seem to switch back and forth not sure why they should switch they should stay on  the beam form antenna. They are all within the 90* sector if not better. If I reboot  the ap or the CPE they seem to go back to the BEAM form antenna but not without a reboot etc.

Is this normal becuase it drastically afects my upload from the CPE to the ap.

any help is appreciated.

Are you running 3.1 on both AP and and all SM's?

Yes I am.. I just forced ( deregistered the last 5 people that connected) and now I see others and the 5 back on the Beam steer antenna?

Very strange behavier

I have seen with EPMP 2000 with GPS Sync in 75/25 I have 1mbit upload speed.

if I put flexible I got normal speeds.

I have mine all on 50/50 Flex I get crazy awesome speeds but I amafraid within our area we need to use GPS sync as our towers see each other and I dont want to run into self noise issues..

@accelwireless wrote:

This unit keeps showing up with all users connected to sector where as earlier they were on the beam form antenna. They dont seem to switch back and forth not sure why they should switch they should stay on  the beam form antenna. They are all within the 90* sector if not better. If I reboot  the ap or the CPE they seem to go back to the BEAM form antenna but not without a reboot etc.

Is this normal becuase it drastically afects my upload from the CPE to the ap.

any help is appreciated.

We will take a look at this issue specifically and get back to you shortly.

Hi accelwireless,

We would like to debug the issue with you in case it occurs again. 

My email address is daniel.sullivan@cambiumnetworks.com.  Please contact me and I will get you in touch with an engineer who can work with you.

Dan Sullivan

We have one ePMP2000 sector deployed with steering antenna.  It's been rebooted 1 hour ago, and of the 22 clients currently connected to it only 4 are on the smart antenna right now.

Over the past several weeks I've seen it as high as 16-18, but often see it with 0-2.  V3.1 firmware both ends for now.  Client load fluctuates slightly, as we have 5 5ghz sectors on that tower with this one overlaid on two other sectors that were heavily loaded, but typically 20-25 clients.

Currently, uplink SNRs range from 23dB to 38dB.

j

Why this occurred?

Please try 3.5.2 FW where issue has been fixed.

Thank you.

What needed to be fixed? What was the issue?
Thanks