Error. Board SKU is not supported for this firmware.

I have two ePMP1000 (STA) devices that I can not update the firmware.
Current firmware (or software) version is “0.11.9-RC6-b4738b802af1”. During Firmware Update (to version 1.4.4 or other) an error: “Board SKU is not supported for this firmware”. On other devices (from the same box), the firmware update was successful.

Tapac,

Please verify that you have loaded software named “ePMP Non-GPS Synched Radio Software” on ePMP 1000 STA models.
You may be getting this error if you were trying to apply the ePMP AP software to an ePMP STA.

I load software named “ePMP-NonGPS_Synced-v1.4.4.tar.gz”. Device is ePMP1000 STA (w/o GPS), client device. Strange, but if i load software for AP “ePMP-GPS_Synced-v1.4.4.tar.gz” SKU verification passed and i have an “FLASH Write Error”. Thereafter, the device remains operational.

Tapac,
Can you give a physical description of ePMP radio? For example, Does the radio have two Ethernet ports? Or does your radio have one Ethernet port and a SMA port.

Could you also provide the MAC address (000456xxxxx) and the ESN of the unit that is getting the flash error?

Finally if you could send a copy of the screen-shot of the Monitor --> System Status webpage of the radio that is getting the FLASH Write error to canopysupport at cambiumnetworks dot com

Thanks

Some pictures of device here:
http://www.lanmart.ru/klientskoe-ustrojstvo-cambium-networks-epmp-1000-integrated.html

ESN: 7686PH06404 (MAC:000456C0590D), 7686PH00966 (MAC: 000456C031A)

Monitor --> System Status:
====================================================================
Software VersionVersion 0.11.9-RC6-b4738b802af1
Hardware VersionAP 5Ghz 9350 16M 128M APPX Avenger_GPS_AP or Avenger_High_Performing_STA
Date and Time04/08/2014:14:30:51
System Uptime0000:00:01:13
MAC Address00:04:56:C0:19:B8
DFS StatusN/A
====================================================================

But the equipment is sent to a service. Thank you for your help.

Tapac / Corey

I have the same problem with the same ePMP…

Tiago,

Is this a ePMP AP or a ePMP Station?

Could you also provide the MAC address (000456xxxxx) and the ESN of the unit that is getting the flash error?

Finally if you could send a copy of the screen-shot of the Monitor --> System Status webpage of the radio that is getting the FLASH Write error to canopysupport at cambiumnetworks dot com

Thanks

Hello Corey,

ePMP Station.

MAC: 00:04:56:C0:3F:AF
ESN: 000456C03FAE

The screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9W5mRULz_vrMVE3NS1IdmhyNzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you

Tiago,

From the picture you sent, try using the ePMP AP (or GPS_synced) software on this radio to upgrade it. The radio appears to “think” it is an AP. If you are unable to upgrade the radio using the ePMP AP software then we will have to RMA the radio.

If you have to RMA the radio you may submit a case here : http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/epmp/rma-request

Did this ever get resolved?

I have a batch of ePMP 1000 ( C050900C031A ) which we acquired from another operator which are all running Version 1.1.7-8a9b98331452

We keep getting the 'Board SKU is not supported' error, no matter which firmware we try.

Is there any solution to this?

Barry

Hello Barry,

Version 1.1.7 is quite old firmware and I'm afraid attempting to upgrade with any recent version will probably give you issues. PLease try the following migration path

Version 1.1.7 -> Upgrade using Version 2.6 -> Factory Reset the radio -> Upgrade to desired version (Version 3.5 for example).

You can find older releases here.

Regards

2 Likes

Hi Luis,

Unfortunately even an upgrade to 1.2.3 fails, 2.6 was the first upgrade path we tried and failed on.

Thanks,

Barry

Trying going to 2.0 before 2.6, i don’t recall having success getting 1.x anything going past 2.3.4 i believe

Hello Barry,

What type of error do you get? Do you see anything in the Notifications area? Please make sure you are using the correct package, as GPS radios use a different package than radios with no GPS.

Regards

Dear I have the same exact error with the same dirmware, I tried with Software Release 1.4.4 both GPS Synchronized and GPS nonSynchronized just to make sure, and I got this notifications

please advise, and thank you

Ok, this will sound very wrong, but for the 2.4Ghz integrated radios that we have recieved with firmware older than 1.4.4, we had to do some funny things to get them to upgrade properly. All of our 2.4Ghz radios are non-sync but will verify on gps firmware until after firmware 2.0

This is our path:

1) set the radio to AP mode, save, factory default, reboot.

2) set that same radio to STA mode, save factory default and power cycle (reboot just doesnt work for some reason)

3) upload the next non RC firmware up from the version the radio is using. then upgrade. 

4) follow to next major releases until you get to 2.0, then jump to 2.4 then 2.6 then to 3.5

5) upgrade to whichever firmware you want except 4.x.x series firmwares.

There are a lot of changes to the firmware that require several steps to make certian firmwares available for upgrading to, missing one can cause headaches! 

1 Like

@Douglas Generous wrote:

5) upgrade to whichever firmware you want except 4.x.x series firmwares.

Hi Douglas,

Do you have any issues with the 4.4.3 firmware?

Thanks,

Dmitry

Not really, just found that unless you actually need to use 4.4.3 (connecting to a network on 4.4.3) then dont. 3.5.x is generally stable and fairly complete. 4.4.3 does cause some limitations on available frequencies in the 5GHz at 20MHz, the one 2.4GHz radio I tested at 4.4.3 did have issues but they went away once we downgraded to 3.5.6. It could have been the fairly large firmware jump but since we were playing with it and it wasnt serious, we didnt care to keep it.